Shooting down care package helos

Black Ops II PlayStation 3

The answer to this may seem obvious and I think I know the answer, but I'm looking for some confirmation: When the enemy has an incoming care package and you shoot down the helicopter, even though the care package has dropped (or is in the process of landing), does it also destroy the care package?

I'm assuming it does because I always get 125 XP for it. I know - all I have to do is wait for the enemy to deploy whatever was in the care package - IF it arrived. But honestly, once I shoot that thing down and I'm switching back to my primary, I feel like a sitting duck (and often pay the price!). I'm thinking about other things at that moment and not concentrating on what may have arrived for them.

This may sound silly to some, and I actually think it is, but all I need to do to earn "gold" on the launcher is destroy an AGR. And I almost had it the other day! But, the other team was ahead and got the final kill right as I was waiting for the launcher to lock on to the target! Man-o-man I was bummed!

Anyway, I love shooting down UAV's, CAUV's and care packages. I get killed for doing it, most of the time, but I feel like I'm helping the team. And if I actually AM denying the other team of a care package, that makes it all worth it!

chard1027
11 REPLIES 11

THe care package will only be destroyed if you destroy the helicopter before it drops the package. The package will also be destroyed if the helicopter is destroyed right after the package gets dropped. So the package must be very close (when I say very close I mean VERY CLOSE) if it has been dropped to be destroyed by the explosion, otherwise it will not be destroyed.

illstplaya2live

Did not know that. I assumed if it dropped at all they got it. Good info.

electricfuneral1

Anyone know why this happens?

electricfuneral1

are you high?

"We do not rise to the level of our expectations. We fall to the level
of our training"
Izjar11 Level 75
Highlighted

Nah, it's a forum bug.

TRUEandHONESTPo

Funny, I had it happen to me on my old account, confused me that I'd posted someone else's post on a completely different topic. Pain in the arse considering the edit button is broke as well.

TRUEandHONESTPo

But anyway illestplaya, I did not know that. I assumed as soon as it dropped they got it. Good info.

electricfuneral1

I love shooting that sht down too. Sometimes I focus too hard on shooting something down and forget there is a whole team of people trying to kill me. Once I get it shot down im usually good but I do die often in the proccess.

Care Packages are some of the hardest things to shot down imo, you have to basically be waiting on them. And no once the CP falls they get it. As soon a it drops.

electricfuneral1

Thanks for the info. I think what added to my confusion was the badge that you get at the end of the match. I forget now what it's called...."denied"??...man, I can't think of it! But it made it seem like it was awarded for keeping the care package away from them.

chard1027

Studios