Black Ops II PlayStation 3

Can someone explain to me how split screeners can wind up on opposing teams ?? The boosting is obvious and the screener can see both team maps clearly. I'm amazed at how camping can get beaten up, but split-screening on opposite teams ??? I would love to see the rational behind this one. I really would.

SplashDown
16 REPLIES 16

I have been saying that for a long time. It just doesn't make sense why ops2 allows for split screeners to play in opposite teams. One of the biggest problem with this is boosting specially in multi team one player using the other for boosting getting high kill streak after another. Sometimes it is not easy to catch since they hide in the back of the spawn or in their spawn.

ghost_1345

I don't understand why split screen is even allowed on multiplayer!

Alky6

It is not deliberate (I don't think).  I cannot confirm this, so do not take my word as law on this but:

I have always believed (without proof!!!) that the inclusion of split-screening has caused some fundamental error which has not (maybe cannot?) be completely fixed.  Since split-screening was introduced we have seen:

- split screeners on opposite teams (very bad in SnD even if they are not boosting)

- 7-5,8-4 and 9-3 (saw that once) lobbies

- split-screeners in FFA matches

And now in BO2, a split screener can log in with their own PSN, so it could be happening more frequently than one can see.

Again, it is not that they* are "allowing it"; it is more that "it just happens, and they* have not fixed it yet"

* they = this happens in both 3ARC and IW games. the fact that BO1 was the 1st game for SS is irrelevant

RLBL

You say it as if it were some kind of glitch. It's just the matchmaking doing this because they have different accounts. Now, if it were a guest account, of course this wouldn't be the case for those kinds of split screen players.

Killbook

it happens when it is a guest account

And the 7v5 lopsided lobbies have happened, even when no SSs were in the lobby (e.g. in BO1 when all one could do was a guest account)

For these reasons, I do believe it is a glitch... but again, that is just a belief

RLBL

Really? Hmm, I've never seen anything like that. Do you have a video of some sort showing this?

Killbook

No sorry mate... but considering the problem is almost 3 years old and well known...

RLBL

Oh.. alright

This sounds like a phenomen.

Killbook

I have not seen any split screeners on FFA, yet at least, but that would be an interesting sight.

I know for a fact, of unhacked lobbies, just a normal lobby, where the players would sync a group meeting outside of the network prior to a match starting in FFA, and all the rest of the "crew" joining... Picture the boosting! one game is all that took for me to leave the lobby, I must've joined before the last one could join I guess, took his spot in a way.

These are not split screeners, but can heighten the boosting even more in a LOT of different ways with a match full of "friendly enemies" lol

I know that me and my wife cant join a FFA lobby (2 diff PSN accts, Splitscreeners), the option is not available, so split screeners in FFA is definitely a glitch or hack. (my opinion)

937dub

Studios