Yellow Bars Top Of The Leaderboard?

Black Ops II PlayStation 3

I have a habit of being highly observant and have noticed that in ALMOST every game the players finishing on top of their teams will have yellow bars. WTF is up with this?

theroc23
9 REPLIES 9

What do you mean by yellow bars on top of the leaderboard?  Are you talking about connection speeds?  That honestly is usually just a coincidence and has more to do with whomever is host than whatever their connection speed truly was.

Otherwise, if not that please clarify what you mean by yellow bars.

magis1231

Sometimes people get a little too competitive and try to move the game in their favor and to do that, they go after the lead players and try to make them lag badly to the point where they can't get a kill or until they lag out.

Killbook

I've noticed of late an increase in lag switchers as well especially those that end up being host.  I always find it funny those that are lag switchers and end up being BAD lag switchers LOL.

magis1231

It shames me that they are using lag switches at all anyways.

Killbook

There has been an increase in videos on YouTube as well on how to use Lag Switches as well which probably has prompted the increase of people using them.  At least the trend of people jumping around like bunny rabbits seems to have died down.

magis1231

You tell me. If it isn't me then it's always some dude with four bars on mine.

TRUEandHONESTPo

To be honest I rarely encounter lag-switchers. I just think that it's odd that yellow bar players end up on top of their respective leaderboards so often. I would agree that bars themselves are not an accurate indication of true connection strength, but I'm pretty sure something is rotten in Denmark. Speculation on what those bars mean is also something that trips me out. I'd like to hear treyarch's explanation as to what they're there for.  The other odd thing that I'm noticing more and more in C-TDM Is that it's not at all uncommon for the winning team to all go POSITIVE while the losing team all go NEGATIVE.

theroc23

Many lagging players seem to benefit from their crappy connection and become almost impossible to kill. Aim assists pushes you off target, you get shitty hit detection on them, and they instakill you with perfect hit detection while being able to take an enourmous amount of damage without dying.

People have been complaining about this since BO1 was released, something has changed since then.  The host and the people with a good connection to the host used to have a slight advantage over lagging players (as they should) but that seems to be turned the  other way around for what ever reason in the last three CoD-games.

Raketti

yesterday night was playing HC Domination  in frost this player was killing me he was jumping so bad had only 3-2 bars I would see him shoot at him but he would jump to another place and kill me. it wasn't until I started to camp that I started to kill him.

ghost_1345

Studios