i need some help concerning connection!!

Black Ops II PlayStation 3

Hey guys,

in the last 3 months my ps3 got gradually slower, the cinematics are also corrupted ,i can barely join a game in black ops 2 , and if i did my connection would be a red bar and too much lag.

Ive tried almost everything from safe mode , to format and it didn't work.

so i took it to Sony and they said that the lens is broken .so i sent it to change the lens drive, and i borrowed my cuzins ps3 , then i found im having the same connection problem. I made sure my ps3 is wired to my router, i configured the DMZ and still the same shit.

so i called my ISP and he said that my IP is not fixed and this may be the cause, and in order to fix my IP hes gonna charge me $72/month.

( hell no im not paying the F****R)

yet someone told me that my router can handle the traffic, so has anyone faced the same problem.??

my speed test shows that my ping is ~64ms and my download is 1.7MB/s, i know its poor but i already played for 7 months without any lag.

can anyone help me with that?

inflames31
7 REPLIES 7

You can setup your console with a static IP address yourself and it won't cost you anything.  This is what he means by a fixed IP address.  Go to your internet settings on your console and write down everything that you see there.  IP address, DSN (or DNS, I can't remember), MAC address, etc.  Now go to your internet connection setup and select the manual option.  Your IP address is probably something like, 192.168.2.1 which would make your console the second device on your system.  What happens is other devices will access your system and get assigned a temporary IP address.  Sometimes two or more devices end up getting assigned the same IP address and that causes problems.  You will want to set your console IP address to some number well above the maximum number of devices that you can think of ever interacting with your router at any given time.  This way when you router is assigning IPs to your other devices it isn't likely to assign one that happens to be the same as your console.  So you may want to change it to something like 192.168.24.1 which would basically mean that 24 other devices would have to be connected to your router before you would have another IP conflict.  Now the reason that I had you write down all of those other bits of information is because you will have to put them back in just as they were manually.  The good news, if you screw up, you can go back to the automatic internet setup and it will repopulate all of the information again and you can then start over with the manual process.

phxs72

Your download is 1.7Mb/s ?? Wow .. Are you using some form of dialup ?? The reason I'm asking is most everyone out there has DSL, cable, whatever which comes with static IP's .. Which country do you live in ??

_Orvidor_

thanks phxs72 , but i already configured DMZ on the router and i gave my console 192.168.1.101.

and it worked perfectly for a long time.

but check this out ,my ISP called me yesterday and he said that if i change my connection to 4MB, i will be given a fixed IP, because the traffic is high on my current connection, and im not sure if hes telling the truth or not.

_Orvidor_ Im from Lebanon bro, im not sure when will we get a real fukin connection here, but probably not very soon.

inflames31

keep changing the static ip..ie change 101 for a different one.i use lower numbers.38/39 is my best ones(remember to change it in dmz)..i always test connection before loading blops2 ...is your nat open or moderate ??? what is the firewall set to on your router???

nastymonsters

I'm not sure either.  He may be trying to say that the physical line is being maxed out by other users but if that's the case, I would think that changing plans wouldn't help unless you are also changing physical lines.  If, however, he means that your house is maxing out your bandwidth then upgrading would likely help.

phxs72
Highlighted

Ouch, I feel for you dude .. What we take for granted in North America is not always available in other parts of the world .. I hope that changes someday soon .. Good luck ..

_Orvidor_

I get red bars once in a while. I just reset my router and modem and the problem goes away.

Run_N_Gunning_C

Studios