wrong geographical region

Black Ops II PlayStation 3

i have had bad problems with lag since last week i live in sunderland, england but i have just checked my geographical region on black ops 2 and its saying newport,wales thats over 300 miles away it used to be pretty accurate but now it has changed and the game now feels horrible any idea's how i can change it?

kekthedestoyer
5 REPLIES 5

Mines different every day makes no odds tho really when they are going to match us with players from Russia and Ukraine

theraven_

mine was always the same (newcastle) and since the last update my kd has gone from around 2.50 to 2.41 im having a terrible time haha i just read on a forum that deleting the game data will help but im not sure if i want to do that since i will have to download all the dlc again

kekthedestoyer

didnt get much feedback on this then did i here is what i tried though but it didnt work http://community.callofduty.com/message/414566402#.UkMDdYasiSo

kekthedestoyer

thought i would give this a bump because im still having this problem

kekthedestoyer
Highlighted

I live in Newcastle but my geographical region says Woking which is way down south, I too get poorly synchronised into matches and blame this error as the cause, ive spoke to Activision who said it was a problem with my ISP (Virginmedia), I then contacted VM who deny any blame and just tell me rubbish like "the geographical location is irrelevant" and won't effect my connection.

I'd like to know what effect this error is having on my game from Activision.

I personally think my ISP is directing all PS3 traffic to Woking for some reason and resulting in me getting way to much ping.

HELPMEPLZ

Studios