Black Ops II Technical Support

Backfire Challenge

The Backfire challenge doesn’t seem to be working, I have been stuck at 17 of 25 for the past 4 days.  This is the challenge that tells you to pick up an enemies gun and kill them with it.  My main focus has been on this challenge so I can get the Humiliation Title.  This is the last challenge I need to do to finish everything needed it for it.

Today I played 5 games focusing just on getting backfire kills.  There was one game on Cargo Where I picked up a MP7 after killing the guy and killed him 3 times before dying.  I did not get a backfire medal for any of them and still says 17 of 25.  A know it was him for a few reasons.  When I kill a person and pick up there gun I check the name of the person I killed.  So when I kill with that gun I know if that person is the same.  He also dropped the same gun with the same camo.  When walking over his body I pick up ammo for the gun.

I haven’t seen anyone else bring this up and maybe its just me. 

Thanks for any feed back.

TapSnap1
4 REPLIES 4

Any information at all would help a lot.  If this is a issue would like to know so I dont waste me time trying to complete it.

TapSnap1

Just finished this a few hours ago ... for now at least, you only get credit for Backfire if the weapon you pick up is one you already have equipped (either primary or secondary). I finally just made a bunch of classes with Overkill, and equiped the most common weapons -- whenever i was in a game, i would kill a few people, find out the most common weapon, then switch to a class that had that weapon equipped.

JayCeeJester

See that is weird because I got 6 in one game after picking up a sniper rifle that I never even tried before. 

Ill give this a try and see it it works.

Could it be that it only counts if you have unlocked that gun?  Like with a token?

Well that cant be either since I killed a guy with the MP7 and it is already unlocked from the beginning right?

Guess ill be testing a few different ways this weekend

TapSnap1

does it matter about the attatchments?

theripgut1

Studios