Black Ops 2 Crashes at Boat Scene (using Nvidia 570)

Black Ops II Technical Support

Re: Black Ops 2 Crashes at Boat Scene (using Nvidia 570)

in reply to Jahdoh

Same here. Gtx 580. Will someone please fix this! Everyone please post here if you find a solution. thank you!

Level 1

in reply to Jahdoh

Same here using GTX 580, crashes everytime at as soon has rocket hits the helicopter, gotta love buying a new game and first mission in game crashes and you cant get passed it, starting to wonder why I wasted my money, especially with no ability to control my own clan server....

Level 1
Highlighted

in reply to Jahdoh

I have a fix for you all

Download a program called MSI Afterburner, or some other program that can tweak the voltage of your card. Increase the voltage in increments until you do not crash anymore. Had the same problem with BF3. I have mine at 1050, but mine is overclocked so you might not have to increase it that much. I think standard is 1013. If you have any issuses, please google how to tweak the voltage

I have the Zotac GTX 580 AMP edition if anyone is interested.

Level 1

in reply to Jahdoh

Same issue using a GTX 570 with the 310.54 drivers.

Level 1

in reply to Jahdoh

Hey guys I think it is fixed. I just played the mission right now and got passed that point!! dont know if im just lucky or wtf happened.. Try it again!

Level 1

in reply to Lorentsens

Did you tweak with the video configurations? I also managed to get past that "crash point" when I turned all video options down, as suggested in this thread. Sadly the game froze up right at the ending scene of the second mission, which meant I had to replay the whole mission. Ever since I haven't been able to get past that point again, no matter how much I changed the video settings.

Short version: This crash seems to be random as hell. Would be nice to get some feedback from some devs though...

Level 1

in reply to Bakaly

I didn't do anything.. well that's not true. I went to da gym and when I came home I just tried again and it just worked !! No tweak or msi or anything. and in 1920x1080 and highest graphic options!! me happy hehe.

Maybe it's because I have restartet steam and some update maybe fixed it IDK. Hope it works for all of ya'll to! GG

Level 1

in reply to Jahdoh

use msi afterburner and decrease your gpu coreclock with 100mhz that did the trick for me!

Level 1

in reply to dennild

lowered the core clock speed of my GTX570 from stock 747MHz to 700MHz and it worked got past the damned boat & heli. Dunno if it was worth the effort tho - the ai after that is appaling

Level 1

in reply to dennild

it worked for me as well

Level 1

Studios