Black Ops 2 Crashes at Boat Scene (using Nvidia 570)

Black Ops II Technical Support

Re: Black Ops 2 Crashes at Boat Scene (using Nvidia 570)

in reply to Jahdoh

Same here. GTX 580 MSI TWINFORZER with i5 3570k 8 GB running from SSD. Everything is supposed to work like with BF3 and MOH. But this game just randomly crashes. Have the latest 310 drivers from Nvidia but seems to crash at random points. Please fix PCDEV, this is unexpected from a company so big.

EDIT:

The 'underclock your GFX (570 or 580) with 100 Mhz (to a maximum of 700 MHZ) seems to work indeed. Never played that long without crashing at all. i think it was an hour of 3. MP and zombies.

Message was edited by: see4urself

Level 1

in reply to Jahdoh

Got past the boat last night, made it to the cargo container and it crashed, this is really frustrating!

Level 1

in reply to Jahdoh

Today got to the mission 6, and at the point, where you need to get on the roof to follow Menendaz i had another crash.

The moment that is shown in the video:

#t=761s

When i try to "secure roaps" i get a crash.

So i decided to install back the 285.62 drivers and it worked like a charm - got passsed the point, and still no crashes. Replayed the boat mission - it was good. I don't know if it will work with multiplayer, but unless you are ok with underclocking you can try it.

PS: first time after driver reinstall the game may be a little long on loading, but it'll pass.

Level 1

in reply to Jahdoh

same here...

Level 1

in reply to Jahdoh

me too but my ps3 fat 60gb shutsdown after 10-30 min. from game play in any of the three modes

Level 1

in reply to Jahdoh

I have 2 superclocked EVGA 570gtxs in SLI. Had the boat/multiplayer crashes. Downloaded EVGA precision and underclocked both cards a bit to 747mhz. works flawlessly so far. if you have msi card get afterburner.

Level 1

in reply to youwerekilled

Thanks for the evga precison idea worked for me running gtx 570 @747mhz and plays fine now

Level 1

in reply to pom99

my 580 died i am using my old gtx 290 and for me it freezes as you enter the underground joint in the second mission everything runs great till then so i dont know why and from what i have read activision/treyarch couldnt give a shit they have their money and we dont count

Level 1

in reply to Jahdoh

This is all bullsh*t. Registered a support case on 14th and still not a single contact from the support team, very nice SUPPORT there.

THIS crash/freeze issue NEEDS to be adressed NOW. I cant even use my product anymore, the randomness of this garbage product is way above the tolerance level. How can you (Activision/Treyarch) not respond officially to all the problems YOUR product has been given the gaming community.

I have seen alot of underclocking solutions for some people but fu*k NO...people shouldnt be forced to deal with this in such a way...WTH. I wanna see you guys buy a brand new sportscar and due to some fu*kedup manufacturing error your car cant run faster then 30 miles/hour or the engine will be destroyed...come on get your sh*t together developers and take some responsibility.

Gamers...sorry for the huge amount of cursing etc but I have so had it with this retard behaviour. I want my money back!

Level 1

in reply to Jahdoh

same here using gtx 580 ,exact same spot as im just about to jump off the chopper

Level 1

Studios