Black Ops 2 Crashes at Boat Scene (using Nvidia 570)

Black Ops II Technical Support

Re: Black Ops 2 Crashes at Boat Scene (using Nvidia 570)

in reply to 13rucem0n

Same here zotac 580 crashes around the time the rocket hits the helicopter on second mission.tried dropping the card speed but dont see why I should have to really,tried it anyway and still crashes.Updated to new drivers then the new beta drivers still crashing.If Id paid this money for anything else Id be able to take it back and get my money back.Did they not test the game???I eish Id pirated it at least Id have saved money.So this problem has been out there for days and no response from the people that have our money about why their product is useless?Shows utter distain for the people that keep them in Mercedes cars and chips.

Level 1

in reply to bobinky

same problem same spot in campaign. rocket hits helecopter, game over. re-boot.

i7 2600k

gtx 580

no overclocking

on third nvidia driver, no help

Level 1

in reply to Cock-Eyed-Jack

What are you guys seeing for FPS while in MP? On your using a 580

Level 1
Highlighted

in reply to Jahdoh

Just registered to add my name to the list of people having this issue. Its exactly the same for me, crashes on the second mission, just after the missile hits the heli.

I'm using a GTX570 on win 7 64-bit. I've tried the latest beta drivers, and running in windowed mode, but still crashes. I'm not going to underclock my GFX card just to get this to work, i think its best if Activision fix the game.

Haven't been able to play the single player for a week now (its rather annoying that i can't skip the movie at the start of the mission too! Must have watched it about 10 times now ). The multi-player also crashes from time to time (not as consistent as SP though), so hopefully they can fix both at same time.

Level 1

in reply to AlBob75

you only have to underclock by 50mhz  on the gtx570 from 797mhz to 747mhz and been going fine so far thats all i changed tried all the other tricks e.g. drivers,cores and phsyx and this is the only thing that worked for me

running core i7 @ 3.4 with 8gb ram and the gtx 570 with win7 64bit

i used evga precision x to do it

Level 1

in reply to Jahdoh

From the OP

Is anyone from Activision reading this?

I still cannot get past the boat scene.

Do you help customers or just take their money and run?

It's a shame this far after the release and I can't even playt the campaign. I only bought this for Campaign and Zombies. So, I paid a hunk of money for zombies..

Mark Munson

SGT, USMC, Retired

Disabled Veteran

[ADDENDUM]:

I did try underclocking my GPU as one of the replies said but then the game crashed even sooner. Couldn't even get to the main screen to turn things down.

Mine is an MSI 570 so I tried Afterburner but no joy. So, crippling my graphics card just to run this game didn't work either. Nice PR Activision.

[ADDENDUM 2]:

Nvidia released a new BETA today (version 310.61 dated November 20th, 2012).

I installed it, rebooted, then attempted the same. The game still crashes at the same place. I started the campaign again just to be sure it wasn't in the SAVE.

I then tried to turn all graphics settings down and the advanced settings OFF (where possible). This still had no effect. The game still crashes:

http://screencast.com/t/aDelm86DcQpU

What a shame. I have no recourse or voice except these forums. I submitted a proper support ticket over in the Elite center. (no reply).

Level 1

in reply to Jahdoh

Jahdoh, try to play it in windowed mode. Worked for me.

Level 1

in reply to rccarrara

Are any of you reading the posts in this thread or are you just spaming it.

WHAT ARE YOUR FPS WITH A 580?

Level 1

in reply to jcocanour

I'm getting 200-300 FPS when i got all settings on the lowest + running the game in windowed mode with a messed up resolution. The game still crashes tho!

I just registered to comment on this topic, because i do ALSO have this shitty problem!

What worked for me to get passed the boat scene was to lower graphics to an awefull level (lowest) and running the game in windowed mode with a tiny resolution (high enough so that i could still complete the mission!) AND underclocking my GTX580 card ! (i got 200 FPS or more out of the card)

Then after finishing the mission i put everything back to high and my GTX 580 kept underclocked.

I made it (with random crashes tho) to the mission where i am to rope op on a building... then BAM the game crashed with green artifacts on the screen. Some times i was able to tap out of the game, saving the computer from rebooting, but most of the time i was forced to shut the computer down by pressing the reset/restart button.

I've tried everything now, and i CAN'T get passed this crappy place. Everytime i press the mousewheel or G the game crashes.

Anyone got a fix for this?

I've started to believe that the problem is with the grapichs drivers from GeForce!
I also just bought Assassins Creed 3 because i couldn't continue with COD BO2 and you know what?
SAME DAMN PROBLEM!
The game crashes randomly with the same green artifacts appering on the screen!!!!!

I've updatet every driver on my computer, and i mean every driver, even the ones for the mouse!

There is some major issues with the GTX 500 series and these new games out now! :-(

i've made a thread on the GeForce forums hoping to get some help!

https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/524222/geforce-500-400-series/gtx-580-driver-stoppes-workin...

Level 1

in reply to Jahdoh

same here, i get to hiding behind log carrying woods and then lockup. JUST bought and installed EVGA GTX560 overclocked..this totally suxs. drop a bunch of cash for something that doesnt work

Level 1

Studios