Black Ops 2 League play connection boot

Black Ops II Technical Support

When I'm queueing up for a league play match on black ops 2, unless I hop into a game immediately, I get disconnected from my xbox live party and half the time from xbox live itself and kicked out of the queue for a few minutes.  This issue has gone on all night. It's really frustrating.  I had an xbox systems error 80151901.  I found it's resolution on the forums and fixed it and am no longer getting the error but I'm still getting the same problems happening.  I have a 2gb xbox slim and a standard black ops 2 disc. It's really really really really really really frustrating and I'd love to find an answer for this. Thank you. 

I have already tried changing my nat to no avail.  I've also installed my disc and still nothing changes.  This is day 4 of this happening and it's really interfering with the game play that I've paid a lot of money for.  Already been to xbox support and they told me to come here.

Wabbzor
5 REPLIES 5

Hi Wabbzor,

Sorry to hear you are experiencing this issue.  The error code you have provided appears to be an Xbox error code indicating there may be an issue with your network set up or connection.  Please let us know what type of connection you are on (wired/wireless)  Also, you may want to try the following Cannot Connect to Xbox Live | Xbox Internet Connection Issues - Xbox.com

Additionally, please try rebooting your router.  You stated you have tried changing your NAT type but did not specify what the NAT type is currently listed in-game.  If you are still having connection issues, please try establishing a static IP address and port forward Activision Support For the sake of process of elimination and to pin point the issue, please try connecting directly through the modem, if possible.  If you are able to do so with no problems, this could be an indication of an issue with the router.

Let us know the results.

Thanks ^AH

Community Coordinator

Hey, My NAT is open and I'm connected via wireless.  Also, I've tried over and over to restart my router to no avail. I can't connect via wire.

Wabbzor

Hi Wabbzor,

A wired connection is preferred for online gaming as it will sustain the connection quality.  WiFi has a wide variance of reliability that you may encounter connection quality issues.  If you have any devices within the household utilizing bandwidth, you may want to consider shutting them down, if possible.

If you are still experiencing connection issues or continue to receive that Xbox error message/code, you may want to contact your ISP for further assistance.

Thanks ^AH

Community Coordinator

This is LITERALLY only happening in League Play.  There is nothing wrong in public matches or any other game.  I'm not an expert but I've changed my internet a hundred times now, it seems, and nothing has worked. I'm unable to connect via wired, as I stated before.

I have an xbox just for black ops 2 and specifically for league play and competitive gaming.  Being unable to do so is a waste of 60 bucks for the game, 50 bucks for the gold, and 200 bucks for the xbox.  This is something that JUST started up in the last few days and I've been flying free since the game came out.

Wabbzor

OGHuxtable, did suggest trying out port forwarding. Have you attempted to set this up on your router?

^JG

ATVI Support

Go to Activision Aces!
Community Coordinator

Studios