Black Ops II - Screen freeze problem during Campaign. Help?

Black Ops II Technical Support

Highlighted

Re: Black Ops II - Screen freeze problem during Campaign. Help?

in reply to CheatKiller

How long ago was the new console/disc obtained? Are you connected to a router/wifi while playing? Would you by chance be using any sort of USB or external hard drive at all?

^JG

ATVI Support

Community Coordinator

in reply to Seanicus23

I purchased the new console, controller, and game 14th September. As I said before, I thought my old Xbox was faulty and decided to replace them. The new equipment works just fine with every other game, or indeed DVD. I can even watch/screen Internet content no problem.

I store games onto the in-built Xbox hard drive (as I did on my previous Xbox) and have never used external HDDs or USB drives.

My connection to the Internet is cable (wired), and my estimated line speed is 100Mbps. It is a wired optical internet connection plugged straight into the main speed-hub router - neither of these are faulty. I do not use any wireless, or wifi connections.

Multiplayer, and other game modes play well, without problems. I simply wanted to play the Campaign again.

Level 1

in reply to Seanicus23

CAMPAIGN IS UNPLAYABLE!

I tried the "Campaign" mission one more time from the start, and guess what? The "screen freeze" problem occurred at the exact same point (as mentioned previously).

Therefore - since this game is obviously broken and unplayable, I shall be forced to stick to Multiplayer game modes.

Level 1

in reply to CheatKiller

Hi CheatKiller,

By chance did you save your old saved game and used it on the new Xbox?  If so, there could be an issue with the saved game.  If you haven't already done so, you may consider deleting the saved game and restart the campaign to see if the same issue occurs.

Thanks ^AH

Community Coordinator

in reply to _KidA_

I already tried that. It didn't work. In fact, the first thing I did when I got my new Xbox was (try to) play the Campaign from scratch, but still got the error.

Believe me, I've tried everything to resolve this problem.

Thanks anyway.

Level 1

in reply to CheatKiller

Hi CheatKiller,

We're very sorry to hear the matter is not resolved.  We'll forward this over for review.

In the mean time, can you please try one other thing and let us know the results?  Try deleting and recovering your gamertag.  You will need to know your login information first to prevent getting locked out of your account.  Be sure to select delete profile only Delete Xbox Profile | Download Xbox Profile | Move Xbox Profile & Gamertag - Xbox.com

Regards ^AH

Community Coordinator

in reply to CheatKiller

I had this problem too, for over a year.

Early on, in the jungle, after the boat sinks and you make it to land, you come to a point where you duck in cover behind a log, then crawl under it.

I would watch the kids get yelled at, then pop out and follow the other guy while I carried Woods.  Moving before he gives the explicit go ahead is too early, and that froze the game.  Every. Single. Time.

So I would have to reboot my Xbox, skip the old folks home dialoge, shoot down the Hind again and again, only to freez at that point.

There is nothing to indicate you should hold back, either, so I kept going when the coast was clear, and it always froze.

I copied disk to HD, cleaned disk twice, etc. all with the same result.

I deleted my game save and started over from the beginning (about 10-15 mins of game time) .

Then I hung back at every move if I was not in danger, and it finally made it through without freezing.

It only took almost a year and a half, but I can finally get through, even though everyone else already has.

Level 1

in reply to CheatKiller

I have this exact same issue. Every difficulty, every time I play the level, even when I start from the beginning. This is clearly not an issue with the console or the disc - if it were, it would not happen in the exact same spot for everyone who is experiencing it.

I should note that I played through the campaign when I initially bought the game about a year ago, and everything worked fine. This must be an issue from one of the recent patches I downloaded after I started playing only multiplayer.

Is there a fix for this? It is very frustrating and makes me want to jump over to play Battlefield instead of shell out $60 for the new Call of Duty.

Level 1

in reply to CheatKiller

For people searching for this issue. I had the exact same problem yesterday with the program freezing right after encountering the Cuban kids getting trained. The only solution I came up with was to completely uninstall the game from my harddrive and then play the game without installing the update. Of course this logs you out of Xbox live so you can't play any of the multiplayer games.I will probably play the whole game through and then update to play multiplayer (which is really why I got it in the first place).

Level 1

Studios