Black ops 2 freezing after title update.

Black Ops II Technical Support

Hello,

I am having an issue with Black Ops2 as the game freezes whenever i try to enter multiplayer. I have multiplayer set to default and whenever i start up the game, it gets to a black screen and freezes my console (Xbox 360). This has happened ever since i downloaded the new update, when it freezes, i cant even dashboard so i have nothing to do but to go and manually turn off my console. When looking through the forums i see that other people are having the same problem so i hope that this will get fixed soon.

Thanks in advance.

samangx007
10 REPLIES 10

me to

trollard

Me 2, since the update evrytime i go to load black ops 2 my xbox freezes

Stalkermcgilla

Me 2, since the update evrytime i go to load black ops 2 my xbox freezes

Stalkermcgilla
Highlighted

A work around to get online is to not be signed into xbox live and then launch the game. Once you're at the multiplayer selection screen you then sign into xbox live and you will be able to get on.

fearsoldier1

Dude ,  similar problems for most...it seems. No signing into Xbox live for me. Interesting problem but I real pain in the arse if your up for a game in the middle of the night.

Daveireland

Hey guys i have found out how to get bo2 to work through the freezing, please check out my youtube as i have uploaded a video on how to get online. Youtube.com/Moosendallas

Moosejawz

Mine was doing the same thing. When it gets to that black screen just leave it sit at the screen for like 3-5 minutes and it will start working.  I couldnt dashboard or anything either so when it froze on the screen i left my tv to look online for anyone else having issues and it just fixed itself like 3 minutes later. So when it freezes just leave it on for 5 minutes and wait.

PFCICKES1656

I am having the same thing and after I leave it for about 5 mins and finally get into the lobby screen I am now missing my map downloads. So of course I have download the maps again for the fourth time at this point and now I get a message telling me that there is an error with the downloaded content. So fine I will play without the maps but wait now I stay frozen in the lobby screen just like the black screen and I have to manual turn off the system. This is BullS*#T!!!!

vastagsue

Hello All,

While on the black screen, the game is not frozen, but its actually taking longer than usual to check/verify DLC on your console. If you wait a bit, you should eventually make it past the screen. Obviously this is not supposed to be working this way, and we are doing what we can to fix this.

While some reports have come in about DLC missing, this is more than likely just an issue with Xbox live being down. The content is still there, so you will not have to purchase it again.

^JG

Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/ActivisionAssist  

Twtitter

https://twitter.com/ATVIAssist

Go to Activision Aces!
Community Coordinator

Studios