Bo2 causes ps3 to freeze and shut off when play cellblock

Black Ops II Technical Support

Re: Bo2 causes ps3 to freeze and shut off when pla...

in reply to RonRibaudo

Sorry to hear that Zombie!

If you can, try to direct these players to our support pages and we will be more than happy to assist them!

^JG

ATVI Support

Community Coordinator

in reply to Seanicus23

We shouldn't have to "direct them". This is a technical issue that Treyarch should correct through an update. It is ridiculous to suggest that consumers should take on a responsibility that does not correspond to them. Buyers should not have to reconfigure and problem solve on behalf of the company, this is not how things work. So please try and be a little more insightful with your posts Emilio - Thanks anyway

narcosiz

in reply to narcosiz

well said. getting us to fix their mistakes lolololololololololololololololololololololololololololol

boshua1987

in reply to RonRibaudo

The message was merely meant to inform that if anyone is having an issue with maps, or freezes, then you can direct them to us so that we can troubleshoot the matter. Thank you.

^JG

ATVI Support

Community Coordinator

in reply to RonRibaudo

I'm having the exact same problem myself.  No alcatraz after loading DLC 4. Trying to erase game data utility and reinstall as directed by customer service.  (fingers crossed, lots of downloading)

Zom631
Highlighted

in reply to RonRibaudo

I'm having the exact same problem. Alcatraz is unplayable. Tried restoring file system and rebuilding data base, doesn't work. I've reinstalled the texture pack, doesn't work. I refuse to delete my game file folder and download everything again, this will take ages with my internet and my campaign save data will be gone too. I demand a patch for this, because how the hell can you somehow still f*ck this game up with the last DLC, while all previous DLC gave no problems!?

SjoerdvdBro

in reply to SjoerdvdBro

Hello SjoerdvidBro,

I did just respond to your last post over here: http://community.callofduty.com/thread/200773777#.Ul6nV1B4xMA

Feel free to reply!

Thanks,

^JG

ATVI Support

Community Coordinator

in reply to RonRibaudo

So after erasing everything  in the game utility data of BO2 and redownloading all the dlcs in reverse order, the game and all maps do work again.  Treyarch should have patched this and saved me over an hour of my time considering I bought this game new with a season pass ~$110.  Where is the quality of service. This should have been tested before release.

Zom631

in reply to Zom631

Only an hour? That's nothing haha. I'm redownloading everything and it is taking over 4 hours already.. Anyway, did you also delete your player profile?

SjoerdvdBro

in reply to RonRibaudo

Ok people, redownloading all the mappacks does work. Or at least in my case. I downloaded Apocalypse first and then the rest, I don't know if this did anything.

SjoerdvdBro

Studios