Cannot POST or REPLY in forums. FIX

Black Ops II Technical Support

Cannot POST or REPLY in forums. FIX

I just wanted to give some of you a headsup if you can't post or reply. Tech support will most likely tell you to create a new account which is a bummer because you wanted to use a certain name for the forums.

So here is most likely everything you did.

1. Tried different browsers and computers and well as cleared cache and all that stuff.

2. Created a new account and learned it posted and replied fine.

3. Contacted support and they really couldn't help

Here is how I fixed the issues and verified what the problem was at least in my case. I did all of the stuff above.. I even logged into 3 seperate computers with different browsers and still could not post with this account. I created a new account and it posted fine.

Here was the fix and I am not sure why. I changed email addresses on this account under my profile.

I have no idea why the associated email with this account has a problem but I verified. I changed this accounts email to another. Logged out and logged back in and it worked fine. I then went to the scratch account that I used to test posting with. I changed it's email address the the email that was formerly attached to this account. Now all of a sudden the account that was working, stopped working. I could not post or reply with that account. So I changed it's email to a different email address. All of a sudden the spare account started working. I logged in with a 3rd working, test account. It could post and reply fine. I changed it's email to the email that was associated with my original account. Poof.. now that account cannot post and reply.

So for some reason the unable to post or reply problem seemed to be following an email account. I have notified support and they did send it up the ladder as they said they had not seen the issue before

The good news is. You do not have to lose or not be able to use your original forum name that you wanted if you are having this problem. Try this out and see if it worked for you. I registered this account in 2008 and have NEVER been able to post with it until now. It was just a simple email change that fixed it.

Hope this information can help some of you. It worked for me.

Level 1
47 REPLIES

Re: Cannot POST or REPLY in forums. FIX

in reply to sqitzo

Intersting to learn, seems as if it could be a user database problem then. where the rights and acces that the user accound has tied to a specific email, became corrupted and thus throws out the error. Perhaps an old flag still in use on the account that the server no longer uses and thus causes it toss an error out, or something along those lines perhaps.

Level 70
Highlighted

in reply to trialstardragon

Yea.. this account was registered with Activision a long time ago. Like 2005-8.. I think the problem occurred on Activision's side before all the Elite intergration and stuff. No telling. I just know the problem is definetly following that email address. 3 accounts can't post if they get that email. I even tried it on the fly back and fourth. Change it to the bad email can't post.. change to a good email, could post. All without even logging out. Of course same thing if I logged out. So I know it was the email that caused the problem.

Level 5

in reply to sqitzo

Moved to technical support sub-forum

in reply to sqitzo

You could be banned from posting. If you've voilated the CoC you'll recieve a 48hr ban or something like that

Level 75

in reply to sqitzo

Thank you for your helpful post - this method worked for me after experiencing the same problem.

Level 3

in reply to sqitzo

Thanks for the helpful suggestion, it worked for me.

Level 1

in reply to sqitzo

Sqitzo! Thank You!

For MONTHS I have been lurking these forums completely muted from every discussion, and now I am free!

Yippie!

Level 1

in reply to teelo1

HUGE thank you sqitzo!

I've been plagued with this issue for over a year now.  This is the first time I've been able to reply.

What I did was changed my email address in profile settings then logged out. Then logged into the account with the new email address, and changed it back to my original email address.  Then logged out again and relogged in and now I am able to post!

To the Treyarch admins, you should add this to the support FAQ.

myn
Level 3

in reply to sqitzo

I'm having this exact same issue, however, I seem to be unable to update the email address in my profile. When I change the email address, re-type my password and click the Save Changes button, nothing happens. I log out and back in again and the old email address is still there?

I created this new account I'm posting with now for the sole purpose of replying to this thread!

Did anyone else have difficulties with changing their email address?

Level 1

Studios