Cannot POST or REPLY in forums. FIX

Black Ops II Technical Support

Re: Cannot POST or REPLY in forums. FIX

in reply to pete-ej25

If you are having to re-enter your password, there is something else going on I think.  When I changed mine, I simply changed the domain name (the rest was the same) and hit save and it was changed.  Maybe your cookies or browser settings are preventing something from sticking?

Level 1
Highlighted

in reply to Fish15521

When you click 'Edit' to change your email address, you get the following fields;

Email Address:

Re-enter Password:

Then the 'Save Changes' button underneath it. Have tried it with multiple browsers, on multiple machines and get the same result on all of them. Changes to the email address aren't applying.

Level 1

in reply to sqitzo

All this time not being able to reply and this was the fix?  HOLY CRAP!  That is the lamest problem that shouldn't BE a problem any forum has ever had. 

Thank you for posting that! Now I can reply and thank you. 

EVERYONE ELSE - IF HIS POST HELPED YOU, WHY NOT SHOW HIM SOME LOVE AND HIT "LIKE"?

Level 1

in reply to sqitzo

I've had to set up another account (this one) to join in the discusisons.

I have tried your 'FIX' but its doesn't work, as with others I'm changing the email, re-entering the password and saving changes only to find its still the same. I've had this problem since Black ops 1.

Only decided to make a new account just now because i gave up, don't really want to use this one though.

Level 3

in reply to sXedge

It looks like there is a problem with updating any of the details in my account. If I try to update ANY details (City, Email Address, Post Code etc), when I click Save Changes nothing happens

Level 1

in reply to pete-ej25

I had the same problem as you regarding not being able to change your e-mail address in your profile. I tried everything I could think of.

Nothing worked until I just recently tried changing the e-mail address for my account within the Elite application on my Playstation 3. It is the only thing that's allowed me to change my profile e-mail address. Once I changed it in the application, when I checked my e-mail address on the Elite website it had changed pretty much instantly as well. Hope that helps you. Activision still hasn't replied to any of my questions regarding this issue that I sent to them months ago. Some support site. :-(

Level 1

in reply to sqitzo

This helped me out! Thanks mate!

Level 3

in reply to sqitzo

this is a horrible lapse in attention, I would have expected this from a forum designed by an indie dev, one who's attention is split with a small staff, not from a big AAA house like activision.

Level 1

in reply to sqitzo

Just for the record, you ROCK!!!!! Been dying to post a vid of something a lot of people are after, and was so frustrated I couldn't share it with the world! Hahaha, thank you!

Level 6

in reply to sqitzo

Thank you so much, I've been looking for a solution for weeks..... until now

Level 1

Studios