Cannot POST or REPLY in forums. FIX

Black Ops II Technical Support

Re: Cannot POST or REPLY in forums. FIX

in reply to sqitzo

Thanks mate, I've been having the same problem as you and it was pretty frustrating for a few weeks not being able to reply. Thanks for the fix. I'm sure others have been having the same issue, the tech team at treyarch should stickie this.

Anyway, thanks for the fix and have a Merry Christmas!

Level 1

in reply to sqitzo

I too have run into this very same issue.  Very irritating that they can't fix this simple issue, or at least acknowledge it & let us know what the status is to get it fixed.

Seems when I change my email address, I can then post on the forums.  I come back a couple of days later, **BAM!!** gotta change it again to be able to post.

Activision...any clue as to when this will be fixed?

Please acknowledge...over?

Level 3
Highlighted

in reply to sqitzo

Thanks alot!

Level 1

in reply to sqitzo

It sucks I have to use this newbie account now b cos my old accounts email wouldn't change

Level 1

in reply to sqitzo

Anybody who has tried to change their email address and found that it either doesn't update or won't accept it:

1: Make sure that you're logged out and cleared your cookies.

2: Go to www.activision.com and login like you normally would.

3: Go directly to your profile and change your password from there.

I've been having the exact same problem and just now managed to get it to work.  The key difference is in the site where you try to make these changes - logging in to the Activision site and making the changes from there seems to do the trick.

Thank you, sqitzo, for the main fix.

I hope the remaining users with the same problem are able to now get back into their original accounts, too.

**** EDIT ****

Wow, unexpected problem...

Even though I have managed to log in using my original username and finally able to post replies, it seems as though all of my previous posts are erased and it is treating me like a new user with a new account...

**** EDIT 2 ****

Just checked now and it definatley makes me appear as a new user, even though I have made posts with this username before.

I know that this may look like I'm just a new user that is being a troll, but go to the Wii section of the Black Ops forums.  Search there for my name "bughunt" and you'll see that I've made numerous posts in the past.  BUT, according to my profile (at the date and time of this post) I have only ever made one post.

Message was edited by: bughunt

Level 10

in reply to sqitzo

Worked for me as well! Thank you!

Level 1

in reply to iStar191

MANY THANKS! I was trying all day yesterday with trying to report a problem with Black Ops 2 as it's reset most of my challenges and my account is all messed up but I could not find a way to report it. Your advice worked! You should be paid by technical support for this solution, it's obvious they never tested their fourms properly after the Elite merge and have been blissfully unaware of this problem for months!

Level 1

in reply to sqitzo

thank you this seems to have worked

Level 1

in reply to observer101

Sorry can't agree with this.

My ingame name is GentleTyphoon and if you look you will notice my SPM is 600+ I play chaos exclusively and while I have some good games most are hard fought

cluster f*cks

Level 1

in reply to observer101

Sorry can't agree with this.

My ingame name is GentleTyphoon and if you look you will notice my SPM is 600+ I play chaos exclusively and while I have some good games most are hard fought

cluster f*cks

Level 1

Studios