Cannot POST or REPLY in forums. FIX

Black Ops II Technical Support

Highlighted

Re: Cannot POST or REPLY in forums. FIX

in reply to sqitzo

I just signed up to post about the server crash having just bought Ghosts today.

My email address was already in the database but not from the forums so I created my profile and tried to post but it won't let me in the Ghosts forum. I happened to try to post in the Black Ops 2 forum and it works. But not in the Ghosts forum.

Weird. I might try this change email solution.

Level 1

in reply to sqitzo

What a freaking mess this is. After linking COD Ghosts (in game) to my callofduty.com account that WAS working fine - I could no longer post or reply on the forums.

While trying to change email addresses by this topic I have learned that I have multiple accounts. Every account that I logged into did not have the ability to post and after changing email addresses around so many ways I have finally ended up with an account that can post...

However... when I look in my profile here on callofduty.com (upper right) I see I have a "Forum Name" but yet when I post it is a totally different Forum name - and it is one that I picked when I tied COD Ghosts to my account in the game!?!

Someone needs to get their freaking website coding fixed because this is ridiculous.

Level 3

in reply to CODV-Dragon

You would think they would come up with a fix for this by now

Level 1

in reply to sqitzo

OMG, I can reply now !

I was trying to use an other browser, then I find your Post.

So thank you very much for this helpful explanation. 8D

PS: Seem ActiVision doesn't have fix this problem after a years. lol

Level 1

in reply to sqitzo

Ah thanks man. I been a member since 2010 and read a lot of forums. I didn't think anything of it till I got some cod issues i wanted to ask about. After I couldn't find the damn post or reply button I found your post. THANKS!!!

Corzip

Level 1

in reply to sqitzo

I followed your advise. I cannot believe that changing your email would fix this issue, and I am about done with COD in general, as their website is just as bad as their attempt to get a working game out the door (and take every ones money) and then try to fix it on the fly.

Level 1

in reply to sqitzo

I don't know why I didn't bother to just do this years ago.

I've had this problem for many, many years and tried to resolve it for over 6 months with Activision and even had private emails, many Activision support ticets, Twitter DM's to try and figure out this issue.

But I never wanted to change the email, as to why I never was able to fix it. Thanks a ton. I wanted to fix this issue once and for all since I'm back to playing the COD series again with Advanced Warfare. (:

It is disappointing that it seems to have changed my member since date though, I know I had this since around 2006/2007. But I'll live with it.

Level 1

in reply to sqitzo

Worked for me as well but I get the same issue you did wherein my entire profile gets wiped out. So much for taking care of long time supporters of their games and fixing a glaring issue in their forums but at least I can continue forward being able to post while using my typical account even though it's been wiped.

Level 1

Studios