Comodo detects malicious item on update BLOPS II

Black Ops II Technical Support

Hello,

The last couple of days every time I try to let the 41 MB update do its thing it makes my Comodo AV pop up with the following:

A malicious item has been detected!

Name: TrojWare.Win32.PkdKrap.ai@<random numbers>

Location:  C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\downloading\202990\t6mp.exe

More information: Unavailable

Clean / Ignore

Additionally, in Scan Results it doesn't mention the word Heuristics, so Comodo AV thinks this is the real deal. I select Clean to get rid of it, but then of course I can't play the game. I can't quarantine it so I can upload it to a site like VirusTotal for further analysis. (the file is also locked in OS on detection, I've tried circumventing it)

I also tried to reinstall (remove local content; install) through Steam and it downloads fine but then it comes to that little update and the same popup comes up.

Windows (7 HP 64-bit) is updated and so is Comodo with its AV db. I have the season pass and both released DLCs worked fine until this problem occurred. I can't find anyone else with this problem on Google even though I can't be the only person in the world using both Comodo and playing Black Ops II. Is this a false positive?

John

Bankaiiwarrior
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Hi there,

Based on a quick search through the Steam Black Ops 2 forums, it looks like this is indeed an issue with Comodo, and  a false positive:

http://steamcommunity.com/app/202990/discussions/0/810925579926617337/

Are you able to ignore the warning and proceed with the update?

^LM

ATVIAssist

Player Support

Studios