Constant probation, probation resetting itself after 5 mins

Black Ops II Technical Support

Constant probation, probation resetting itself after 5 mins

At least 4/5 times I log on and start playing BlOps 2, I'm given a probation warning upon selecting public match, and then issued a five minute probation. This is becoming increasingly frustrating.

Tonight, the same thing happened. At the 0:45 mark on the probation timer, I decided to go and get a drink before I started playing. Guess what I came back to? Probation. Yep, another five minute penalty for apparently committing the crime of being thirsty.

Seriously? This needs to be fixed, or removed all together. This is beyond annoying at this point.

Level 1
18 REPLIES
Highlighted

Re: Constant probation, probation resetting itself after 5 mins

in reply to WtfVonderhaar

bump

Level 1

Bumping your posts wont get it listened to when you are posting in the wrong forum. It might get it removed though. You should post in the tech support forum.

Are you positive that you arent team killing , quitting or something to repeat the probation ? Because this is the first time I heard of probation lasting 45 minutes.

Try clearing your cache, deleting ONLY your gamertag and redownloading it.

Level 72

He's saying that he was in the lobby and had 45 seconds before the start of a match. When he came back the match must've started and he got kicked out (for not selecting a load out) and on 5 min. probation.

Level 1

in reply to XPIOK

Well thats understandable then if he got kicked for doing nothing. He should have prioritized. But then it didnt reset itself, he got probation for another "violation", the function works as it should.

But I didnt think there was a "probation timer" in the game. I never got probation cause I learned not to team kill and not to quit.

Level 72

in reply to XPIOK

No, XPIOK, I was at the main multiplayer menu, before selecting public match. I was given probation upon logging in and when I had 45 seconds left on probation I decided to go get a drink. When I came back, ready to play, my probation had reset itself for another five minutes. I did not select a game mode or try to join a match first, I could not, as I was on probation. The timer literally restarted itself when I left the room.

[Removed by Moderator]

Level 1

The only thing I can think of is if you have connection issues you could get disconnected during one of your breaks, which could get you probation. But it seems more like a glitch to me.

Level 35

in reply to Megadog14

It seems that way to me too, but the fact that I get probation every time I put BO2 in the console doesn't really help the situation. I'm wanting to know why this is happening, and still no response from any actual Activision reps.

Level 1

You can contact Activision Assist directly if you're seeking a more prompt response.

TopFighter | Community Forum Moderator

Modern Warfare, Black Ops, Ghosts

TopFighter | Community Forum Moderator

in reply to TopFighter

if you get an answer on twotter ill be impressed

Level 13

Studios