Constant probation, probation resetting itself after 5 mins

Black Ops II Technical Support

Re: Constant probation, probation resetting itself after 5 mins

in reply to WtfVonderhaar

Hi there,

It could possibly be a connection issue or multiple probation penalties you have received.  Can you please specify the platform you are on as well as the connection type?

Thanks ^AH

Community Coordinator

in reply to _KidA_

Xbox 360, and I have a 50mbps parallel connection. Wired in with Ethernet.

Level 1

Thanks for the update.

If you haven't already done so, please be sure you have remained in-game until the time has expired.  Leaving at any point will only reset the clock again.  I'm aware you have stated this was not the case but it's also a helpful tip for others who may review the discussion.

With that said, please try deleting and recovering the gamer tag Delete Xbox Profile | Download Xbox Profile | Move Xbox Profile & Gamertag - Xbox.com Be sure you select delete profile only.  Additionally, make sure you know your login information to avoid getting locked out of your account.

Unfortunately, we are unable to check if you have accumulated multiple penalties; however, we can check if there's any corruption on the account.  If you are comfortable, you can post your gamertag or send me a DM and we can check for corruption should the matter persist.

Thanks ^AH

Community Coordinator

Moved to Technical Support sub-forum for further assistance from our customer support staff.

TopFighter | Community Forum Moderator

Modern Warfare, Black Ops, Ghosts

TopFighter | Community Forum Moderator

This issue is still happening, something needs to be done about this. I realize BO2 isn't the main focus anymore; Ghosts is. But BO2 still has a large player base and I see no reason why this feature needs to be here in the first place..

I haven't even played the game in about four days, I'm both a full time student and full time construction laborer. Today I come home from work, change and shower, then turn on my TV and Xbox. And guess what? Probation.

I'm just going to give you a hypothetical situation here to think about.

Say a man is playing BO2 one day... All of a sudden, he hears a series of thuds and crashes, a scream, then loud crying. It's his child - she just tripped on the stairs and broke her wrist on the way down. The man gets up and runs to his child, carries her to his car and drives to the hospital. He left his Xbox on, and got kicked from the game he was playing when it happened.

He comes home that night with his child, who has a cast on her wrist. He tucks her into bed, then returns to the Xbox. To find, that he is currently on probation.

Why punish him? What did he do wrong? For that matter, why punish anyone for doing anything with what they payed for with their own money?

Level 1

WtfVonderhaar wrote:

Say a man is playing BO2 one day... All of a sudden, he hears a series of thuds and crashes, a scream, then loud crying. It's his child - she just tripped on the stairs and broke her wrist on the way down. The man gets up and runs to his child, carries her to his car and drives to the hospital. He left his Xbox on, and got kicked from the game he was playing when it happened.

He comes home that night with his child, who has a cast on her wrist. He tucks her into bed, then returns to the Xbox. To find, that he is currently on probation.

First off, probation isn't that long, even if hes a chronic ragequitter. At most hes looking at an hour of probation, and a visit to the ER is gonna take much longer than that.

WtfVonderhaar wrote:

For that matter, why punish anyone for doing anything with what they payed for with their own money?

If I buy illegal substances with my own money is that ok? Think about it.

Even if youre just talking about the game, you can still play the campaign, offline MP and zombies. Plenty of stuff to do while you wait 5 minutes for it to expire.

Level 35

in reply to Megadog14

The probation takes effect when you try to join a new match. At least for me.

As far as the other part of your reply goes, it depends on the substance IMHO. But, that's a conversation for a different forum.

Level 1

Hi there,

Did you try any of the steps I mentioned back in October?  Also, I requested on the same post, you could send me your gamertag so it could be forwarded to check if whether or not corruption was showing on the account but I never received a DM.

If you would like for us to check, please send me a DM.

Thanks ^AH

Community Coordinator

in reply to _KidA_

I replied to your post with my gamertag but it got deleted for some reason it would appear. GT: MPL Jesus

Yes, I tried what you suggested above. It didn't help.

Level 1

Studios