I cannot host or join multiplayer games in BO2

Black Ops II Technical Support

Highlighted

I cannot host or join multiplayer games in BO2

I am unable to  host or join multiplayer games.  I can only join public games if on "any" for search preference. Don't have that option on ghost.  I have the same problem with ghost. I have tried everything here and a few other suggestions on various blogs.  Things tried including, static IP, port forwarding, even DMZ.  Some will make some features ok but not others,  I have been running Black ops 2 for a long time and ghost since it came out.  Started a month or so ago.  I am at a lost as to what started this problem, ISP changes, I'm running a lynksys 6900 or new modem with router. Help Help help  I've tried everything and have now run out of options.

Thanks,

Weaselspit 

Level 1
2 REPLIES

Re: I cannot host or join multiplayer games in BO2

in reply to weaselspit

What console are you using? If that's the case then the  issue is on your network connection. You might want to try using other account. Try using wired connection too. Hope that helps

Level 21

Re: I cannot host or join multiplayer games in BO2

in reply to weaselspit

The system chooses the players in the lobby to be the host of the match. If you have a better connection than the other players, it's more likely that you will be selected as the host of the match. Try Power Cycling before playing the game. You may also want to have the connection checked with your ISP.

Level 26

Studios