I cant find matches on multiplayer please help

Black Ops II Technical Support

Re: I cant find matches on multiplayer please help

in reply to BBE404751

I'm not with Activision and this is a long shot since a number of people have been having connection problems lately and your issue may not have anything to do with your setup but here goes.  Have you set up a static IP address for your console?  If not other devices accessing your router may be getting assigned the same IP address temporarily as your console and effectively killing everything that you've done port forwarding wise.  If you have a static IP address is it set high enough to avoid this possibility?

Level 69

in reply to phxs72

how do you set a static ip address.

Level 1

in reply to BBE404751

It's actually not that difficult.  The first thing you want to do is get a pen and paper.  The next thing is to go into your consoles internet settings and just write everything down there that you see.  There should be a page that has your IP address, DNS (or is it DSN, idk), MAC address, etc.  Write all of that down exactly like you see it.  Your IP address will probably look something like 192.168.2.1.  The .2. means that your console is the 2nd device allocated to your router.  However, most people have way more than 2 devices in the their home and IP conflicts are bound to happen if you leave it this way.  What you want to do is change this to a much higher number.  Such as 192.168.25.1.  This will make your console the 25th device on your router and greatly lessen the odds of say your cell phone getting assigned the same IP address as your console.

To assign your console a static IP address you will have to setup your internet connection on your console in manual mode.  Once you get to the screen that asks for it, you will want to put in the new IP address and then you will have to manually put in the rest of the information that it asks for exactly as you wrote it down.  Once you've got all that done.  You will want to go back to your router and change your port forwarding over to the new IP address for your console.  Then you'll be ready to give it a try.

Level 69

in reply to phxs72

i tried that and it still doesn't work. Still cant get into matches online

Level 1

in reply to BBE404751

You've probably already tried this but maybe not.  Try going to Zombies and even if it doesn't let you online just play a local match and then go back to Multiplayer.  This has worked for me before when I've not been able to connect to the Black OPs 2 servers before.  I know that's a slightly different situation than what you have going on but it's worth a shot.

Level 69

in reply to phxs72

Is this due to the patch 1.13 everyone is talking about. If so is there a fix for it or what? Someone please help with this issue.

Level 1

in reply to BBE404751

Hello BBE40475,

Very sorry for the delayed response. I did just reply to your other thread, so feel free respond on that post,

^JG

ATVI Support

Community Coordinator

in reply to BBE404751

I have done everything that was told of me to do and I still cant play multiplayer online. Can anybody at all help.

Level 1

Studios