Mob of the dead freezes on loading screen

Black Ops II Technical Support

Mob of the dead freezes on loading screen

Everytime I try to start Mob Of The Dead, it keeps freezing on the loading screen. Same goes for Solo or Custom Games, it just freezes after 2 seconds in the loading screen, which I got to reboot my Playstation and this problem only started happening after I downloaded Apocalypse. A LOT of people are having the same issue, and I want to know why it hasn't been fixed yet. Obviously, the problem is probably cause of the DLC Apocalypse cause right after downloading the map pack Mob of the dead became unplayable and keeps freezing. No my PS3 is just fine, so is my disk! There are no fingerprints, scratches and my game looks like it just came out of the case. Does this mean I gotta wait till the next patch Treyarch rolls out? Please, fix the issue as fast as possible or give me step by step on how I fix this issue

Level 2
27 REPLIES

Re: Mob of the dead freezes on loading screen

in reply to LegalGaming

Hello Legalgaming,

Lets see what I can do to get you back in game! Have you tried to delete the DLC, and reinstal it? Sometimes downloads can become corrupt, and can cause issues with individual maps.

I suggest, deleting the game data utility folder, reupdating the game/installing the DLC, and try the map out again.

Remove PS3 game data utility files

^JG

ATVI Support

Community Coordinator

in reply to Seanicus23

i tried reinstalling it it doesnt work, my disc is not scratched and i tried everything but it wont work for me online or offline

Level 1
Highlighted

in reply to Viperousnevada1

This time around, can you try restoring your PS3 File System? Check out the following site for a step by step guide on how to do this: Restoring your PS3 File System & Database Helps to... - PlayStation® Community Forums

Once again, let me if this helps at all.

^JG

ATVI Support

Community Coordinator

in reply to Seanicus23

thanks man helped me now i can kill brutus

Level 1

in reply to Viperousnevada1

Hi Viperousnevada1,

Glad to hear things are working for you now.  Keep us posted should anything change.

Thanks ^AH

Community Coordinator

in reply to Seanicus23

I tried both restoring the file system and rebuilding the data base but it still freezes at the loading screen!

Level 1

in reply to Seanicus23

I dont know how to delete DLC and I dont know which icon to delete

Level 1

in reply to thepro174

ThePro174,

For a step by step guide on how to delete the game data utility, please follow this link:

https://support.us.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/369/~/remove-ps3-game-data-utility-files

This will remove the DLC, and game updates. All you will need to do is manually download the DLC, and you should automatically be prompted to download game updates once you log into the game.

Thanks,

^JG

ATVI Support

Community Coordinator

in reply to LegalGaming

I'm having the exact same problem. Alcatraz is unplayable. Tried restoring file system and rebuilding data base, doesn't work. I've reinstalled the texture pack, doesn't work. I refuse to delete my game file folder and download everything again, this will take ages with my internet and my campaign save data will be gone too. I demand a patch for this, because how the hell can you somehow still f*ck this game up with the last DLC, while all previous DLC gave no problems!?

Level 1

Studios