Multiplayer Is Not Working, But Zombies Is.

Black Ops II Technical Support

Multiplayer Is Not Working, But Zombies Is.

We recently upgraded to Xplornet's 5Mb plan on 4G. Now, people will say "5 meg isn't good." However, it is fine for online gaming, and that's a fact. I play without lag on every other game. Battlefield 4, Modern Warfare 2 and 3, and even Ghosts. My brother also frequents Black Ops 1. However, he also cannot play Black Ops 2's multiplayer, but can play Zombies. We both have PS3s and live in the same house. When we had the 1.5Mb plan, we got into lobbies all the time. We lagged a lot, sure. However, we can't get into any lobbies. Not a single one.

What I have tried;

Port forwarding (with the ports from Free Help Forwarding Ports - PortForward.com)

UPnP is enabled

DMZing my PS3 (just to be certain, you know?)

Rebooting my router, PS3, and modem

QOS settings (with my PS3 on highest priority)

My Router is a Netgear R6100. Keep in mind that we could play Ghosts, Black Ops 1&2, MW2&3, Battlefield, and whatever else on our old plan (albeit, it was laggy probably ~70% of the time). I'm not sure why upgrading would make Black Ops 2's multiplayer inaccessible. I don't understand what's going on. I am also running a wired connection. If there is anything anybody could do to aid me, I would be quite grateful, as would my younger brother.

Thanks for reading.

Level 14
18 REPLIES

Re: Multiplayer Is Not Working, But Zombies Is.

in reply to Gunnerman677

New information:

NAT Type shows up as 2 on my PS3

Download speeds clocks in at 3.2Mbps (which is more than enough, even though it's not a reliable way of measuring available bandwidth).

I have also uninstalled all of my DLC maps (which probably means I won't be able to get them back because I've already downloaded them twice. Yay).

Level 14

in reply to Gunnerman677

What's your conn. info for Ghosts?

You can check for it when you press the 'select' button once you go to options from multiplayer.

Level 34

in reply to Crinkzkull081

Crinkzkull08 wrote:

What's your conn. info for Ghosts?

You can check for it when you press the 'select' button once you go to options from multiplayer.

I just tried doing that, and nothing happened.

Level 14

in reply to Gunnerman677

You'll need to connect online from multiplayer then go to Options. You should press the Select button next to the PS button. You should see the conn. info...

Level 34

This is exactly what I did;

Start Ghosts

Go to Multiplayer

Connect to online services

Go back to Multiplayer menu

Select "Options"

Hit select

Watch as nothing happens.

Alternatively;

Start Ghosts

Go to Multiplayer

Connect to online services

Go into a game

Go to options on the in-game start menu

Hit select

Still nothing (as I expected, because that would have been silly).

What did I do wrong in the first causality string?

Level 14

in reply to Gunnerman677

Does anybody else have any input?

Level 14

in reply to Gunnerman677

No new window really popped up? Hmm.. When you connect online then go to options, did you check on the bottom right part if there was a conn. info or something?

Level 34

There was absolutely nothing. Could you link me to an article/thread that shows this? Perhaps I'm doing it wrong somehow.

Level 14

Yea, there is no such feature on Ghosts. I searched the Internet for quite a while to no avail.

My Black Ops 2 connection info on the other hand is this;

CONNECTIVITY INFORMATION: A.B.C.D.E.F.G.H.I.J.-.L.M.-.-.-.-.-.

NAT TYPE: MODERATE

BANDWIDTH 862Kbps (it is stated that this is more than enough, although this is the lowest I've seen it all day, it's usually around 1.2Mbps)

IP ADDRESS: <<<<<<

GEOGRAPHICAL REGION: <<<<<<<

CONNECTION TYPE: WIRED

I know Moderate is not ideal, but it is still usable. However, the point of this is to find out why nothing is opening the NAT. Hell, even if it gets me consistent matches with a Moderate NAT type, I would be perfectly content. My NAT has become Moderate for every game, but Black Ops 2 is the only one to stop working. Zombies works fine, but I hate Zombies. I want to play the Multiplayer. It's simply not working for me at all, which is really frustrating.

Level 14

Studios