(PS3) Mob Of The Dead freezing big issue

Black Ops II Technical Support

(PS3) Mob Of The Dead freezing big issue

So the uprising dlc came out for the ps3 so I downloaded it, after the download i played it for a few matches and went to bed.

When i woke up the next day and played some more i got to round 28 then suddenly the game freezes now every game i have on mob of the dead is freezing at a random point, it´s getting to the point where it is just unplayable and yes i cleaned my console and i have downloaded the textures since the release of the game so i don´t think that it´s our systems fault majority of the ps3 players are having this issue and it would be verry nice if they looked into this issue,

it´s a shame really i was exited to play the map this dosen´t happen on MP and other games only Mob Of The Dead the other maps work fine.

Now please look into this i beg of you.

Level 1
32 REPLIES
Highlighted

Re: (PS3) Mob Of The Dead freezing big issue

in reply to FlyingMoose1

Hello FlyingMoose,

How often are you experiencing this? How ventilated is the area that your console is in? Does your PS3 feel hot after your have encountered this freeze? ^JG

Player Support

in reply to ATVIAssist

I have the same issue and my ps3 is only a few months old. It does not freeze with any other game. I think you guys have some bugs in your code. You really need to spend more time debugging and testing before throwing it out on the market. You guys probably are writing over something in memory you shouldn't be. Maybe overflow, void pointer, idk but everybody expects better quality for how much everybody spends on the game and expansion packs.

Level 1

in reply to bigWang

Hello!

Which round (usually, anyways) do you run into this freeze? We're definitely looking into this, and we do apologize for the controller-throwing frustration a freeze can induce.

If you could let us know how your PS3 connects to the internet as well, that would also be super helpful, thanks!

^LM

ATVIAssist

Player Support

in reply to ATVIAssist

Why is this all the same questions you guys ask its not that hard a lot of people are having this problem and i keep my playstation emaculate and in well ventulated area and use a wired connection to download and play online so im 99.99999 precent sure the f*ing problem is not our systems or internet connection patch it fix it or something or give me a refund for all the dam map packs and the game and ill send my game back because this is just rediculous ive been trying to call customer support for help the past three days and i havent been getting an answer ive posted on here and seen many many many of the same problems you ask the same questions we give you the same answer and yet i havent seen one straight forward "we are looking for a soulution" answer you just keep acting like nothing is wrong sorry for begin so direct but can you guys seriously not understand all of our frustration?! its pissing me off i cant get any help or support for this.

Level 1

in reply to Corythebadass

Hi Cory,

We hear you on this being frustrating. There's nothing worse than going on a Zombies-slaying spree and everything's going awesome, only to be kicked out by a freeze.

We are definitely looking for a solution to this for you guys! Our apologies if we weren't clear, we're definitely here to help out in any way that we can.

If you don't mind, can you let us know when you see a freeze? Does it appear to be random, or does it happen more and more as you get up to higher rounds?

Thank you very much!

^LM

ATVIAssist

Player Support

in reply to ATVIAssist

for me it happens not even a round into the game i havent made it to round 2 at all

Level 1

in reply to ATVIAssist

I have tried opening the windows, fans etc, and it was also cold outside but i still encountered the freeze.

For me it happens at random times but mostly after round 10, and no when it freezes it dosen´t get hot.

It´s great to see a response and hopefully a fix for this.

EDIT: I played on solo

Level 1

in reply to FlyingMoose1

i recognized it often freezes when 20 thousand or more are playing on mob of the dead.

when i played on times where only 10.000 or less people were playing i had no freezes.

Level 1

in reply to FlyingMoose1

Having the same issue.  Had the game since launch, installed the textures, no probs until about two weeks ago.  The freezes were near constant and made the game unplayable.  Tried everything, redownloading the dlc, reinstalling the textures, deleting the install and reupdating...nothing helped.  Finally, found a solution, that so far (knock on wood) hasn't resulted in a single freeze.

...delete the textures!  everything else can stay, but delete the texture install included on the disc.  This is the only thing that has solved the issue for me.

On a side note, since this is the only post i'll ever make here (prolly ), just like to add that the inability to make two/three player games when your score isn't recorded if someone drops is ridiculous.  Other than that good game, though i'm hesistant to purchase mob of the dead, given the random nature of the freezing issue.

Level 1

Studios