(PS3) Mob Of The Dead freezing big issue

Black Ops II Technical Support

Re: (PS3) Mob Of The Dead freezing big issue

in reply to FlyingMoose1

So any updates? a fix for it etc?

Talked to my friends yesterday and they are also having the same issue.

And also for people that keep playing mob of the dead on ps3 and it freezes for you DO NOT play the map until it is fixed, I have read that if it continues to freeze your ps3 it will potentially fry your motherboard and you will have to get a new ps3 if your warranty is over

So yeah this freeze issue on MOTD can break your ps3 great.

I REALLY hope that this can be resolved as quickly as possible and you are also not helping your sales two of my friends have refused to buy the season pass until this will be fixed sigh.

Level 1
Highlighted

in reply to FlyingMoose1

all people with freezing issues.

try to play with another bo2 game disc. or change the hard disk and report whether its still freezing or doesnt freeze any more.

i will try to change the hard disk of my ps3.

EDIT: Changed the HDD and it stillt freezes.

Level 1

in reply to FlyingMoose1

sind i have installed uprising dlc i the other maps freeze also. Tranzit and town freezed my ps3.

before i installed uprising i never had freezing issues.

Level 1

in reply to RapBoss38

rapboss, delete the textures.  problem started when i downloaded uprising too.  Delete the textures and run the game from the disc and it will stop freezing on you.

Level 1

in reply to DreddWings

i deleted evertything. the textures too. downloaded uprising dlc again and it didnt help.then i reinstalled the textures. the game still freezes only in zombie mode.first i thought it is only in mod of the dead but sometimes it freezes in the menu or on other maps (tranzit,town).

i dont know what to do.

Level 1

in reply to FlyingMoose1

I got the uprising the day it came out here (thursday the 16th of may) all seemed fine but on the sunday afterwards the 19th my ps3 froze when playing a multiplayer and did so every time i tried playing after that. I contacted sony done everything they said ( full format open ports to activision and open all ports) eventually they replaced my ps3 because nothing was helping. I had been playing the ps3 on a borrowed one and all was good but got my new one from sony in today installed and updated everything then went online took one step and froze yet again. I reopened all the ports for activision and been playing zombies and all was fine. Then went back on multiplayer and froze. Before swapping the ps3 i tried black ops and mordern warefare 2 they both also froze but instead of in game was when going in to multiplayer. Tried them again tonight and they now seem fine i even checked with god mode and battlefield 3 they work fine now it just seems to be black ops 2.

Level 2

in reply to FlyingMoose1

SOLVED: the problem was my bo2 Disc. Tried with another disc and had no freeze. Tried my Disc on antoher ps3 and my disc freezed the other ps3. My Disk looks very well but it freezes my ps3. it seems to be my disc is damaged. Try to play with another disc.

Level 1

in reply to RapBoss38

Hi there,

We're glad to hear that you got this fixed!

If you need a replacement disc (since we're not sure if you mentioned as to whether you're using a friend's disc for now or not), you can always head over to support.activision.com and go to the Warranty and Returns section.

Let us know if you need help with that!

^LM

ATVIAssist

Player Support

in reply to ATVIAssist

I really don´t think that the reason people have this issue is becouse of their disk maybe some if their disc is scratched or not not. Also RapBoss38 did say that he has this issue on other maps too while others only have this freezing issue on Mob Of the Dead, so i really do think it has something to do with the code if a fix hasn´t been found i´ll get the disc replaced (if my warranty hasn´t ran out)

It´s sad to see something you want enjoy being ruined

I am not going the say that the 800 danish kroner that i bought this game + season pass was a waste but i am almost regreting my decision.

sigh...

Level 1

in reply to ATVIAssist

wow i guess im not the only one! yesterday i made it to round 16 on mob of the dead and it froze my ps3, mind you my ps3 is 3 months old! the crazy thing is i was playing custom games. this has happen to me twice on custom games with only mob of the dead but everything else works fine even multiplayer! mob of the dead has a bug you guys need to fix this! dont come asking me about my connection because thats not the problem is the bugs in the game that cause the problem and it only seems to happen on MOB OF THE DEAD!

Level 2

Studios