(PS3) Mob Of The Dead freezing big issue

Black Ops II Technical Support

Re: (PS3) Mob Of The Dead freezing big issue

in reply to ATVIAssist

I have The dame problem ! I can't play Tranzit pr mob of The dead my game Will just freez at The loading screen ! Can You fix this caus its really

annoying , of van i fix this problem myself ?

Level 1

in reply to FlyingMoose1

this is bullshit me and my friend from my clan man12345666 where on round 48 and it froze and the round didnt count it needs to be fixed

Level 1

in reply to FlyingMoose1

Quick update.

I played Mob of the dead yesterday got to round 30 and had a freeze. I´m starting to think that maybe the player count on public matches causes this i played when there was 7k people on MOTD and the freeze came much later while when i played when there was 12k i froze on 15 or less, now this may sound stupid and i think it´s quite dumb too but it may be true since connection issues can freeze your game, what i don´t understand i can play Die Rise to round 50 with no problems while on motd it´s a totaly different story, again it might be since only 1-2k people are playing Die Rise.

Btw i played on solo play and correct me if i´m wrong but don´t you need an internet connection to play it? otherwise you have to play local.

Tomorow i will play again but in local to see if it´s that that causes it and if not i´ll blame Treyarchs TERRIBLE programing on PS3 and demand a fix for this.

Level 1

in reply to FlyingMoose1

The same things happening. I pay $20 for a map that i want to enjoy, and it just destroys my ps3. I cant get past round 10 without the system freezing up. Please fix this stupid issue.

Level 1

in reply to FlyingMoose1

freezing/crashing has ALWAYS been a problem with Black Ops 2, heck there where over 300 people contacting Activision support on game release day.

I would suggest uninstalling textures from HDD. reason being, is that everytime I (personnaly) have played Black Ops 2, I notice that the HDD indicater is always bright orange, indicating that the HDD is undergoing a lot of use. overuse of an HDD can freeze anytype of system, not just a PS3. it can also cause lag... which i know everyone is sick of.

Level 4

in reply to FlyingMoose1

My Playstation 3 system freezes while playing in zombies Call of the dead. Happened to me 3 days ago.

In that video, I was the only 4 ping bar connection, which often means I am the host. It is sad to have all players just lose connection to host's frozen Playstation 3.

If you lost connection at about round 20 or higher, it might be the host's Playstation 3 game freezes.

Level 2

in reply to sam686

• wow i guess im not the only one! yesterday i made it to round 16 on mob of the dead and it froze my ps3, mind you my ps3 is 3 months old! the crazy thing is i was playing custom games. this has happen to me twice on custom games with only mob of the dead but everything else works fine even multiplayer! mob of the dead has a bug you guys need to fix this! dont come asking me about my connection because thats not the problem is the bugs in the game that cause the problem and it only seems to happen on MOB OF THE DEAD!

Level 2

in reply to FlyingMoose1

just more evidence that xbox is better

Level 1

in reply to FlyingMoose1

I am also having this issue, i never had it until i downloaded Apocalypse DLC, now it freezes at the loading screen, i have a Ps3 160 gig, well vented and have a cable connection for it, also wired in for downloads, the disc is from original drop date, got the collector's edition with the care package for the toy drone,   i can try starting a game of Mob of the Dead ( playing solo, local)  never gets passed the loading of the story, it starts telling the story of the breakout and freezes after about 5 seconds into it, and hard locks my ps3.i can eject the disk and it remains hard locked, i have also tried playing online, only to have the same issue, this is also the only map it does this on, i can play any of the other dlc's maps without problems, Any news on when this is going to be patched / fixed?

Level 1

in reply to Grim_Times

Hello Grim,

Are you using any sort of external hard drive or thumb drive? Not necessarily using it for the DLC, but just connected in general?

Also, you may want to consider deleting the game data utility folder and reinstall the DLC/Update. 

For more information on doing this, please see: https://support.us.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/369/~/remove-ps3-game-data-utility-files

^JG

ATVI Support

Community Coordinator

Studios