PS3 controller issue! Left Joystick activating action buttons. Video attached.

Black Ops II Technical Support

Hey guys,

I posted this on this on the PS3 discussion but i'm not getting any answers there.  My left joystick activates the action buttons (jump, switch weapons, fire, etc.) whenever I push down to run.  I thought it was a bad controller, but it also happens on a 2nd controller.  Neither controller has any other issues in any other game. I've heard others complain about this issue, but I have not found any answers to this.  Below is a video of what i'm talking about.

jodizzle_619
8 REPLIES 8

This may be a problem with your controle.

Give some of these a try.

-Try a different controlle

-Clean out around try under your joystick.

-Try check out if you accidently messed around with the controlle setting in the options tab.

If none work sorry.

DtX1

I've tried a 2nd controller and I still have the problem.  Neither controller has issues with any other game. My in-game controller setup is pretty much default with the exception of the buttons layout; which is set to tactical.  But even in default, it has the issue. 

I know i'm not the only one out there because others have responded with the same complaints.  We just have no answers.

jodizzle_619

this happens to me too, if i press my left joystick to hard in and and it swaps my weapon. really getting fustrating

nofxjmf

BUMP**  They need to fix this ASAP.....i'm reading that others are having the same problem..

jodizzle_619

Hello jodizzle_619,

Please try deleting the game data. Do you have a friend or neighbor with a PS3? If so, try one of their controllers on the default button layout.

^JJ

Player Support

Thanks.  I'll give that a try and let you know if it worked.

jodizzle_619

just an update. I did try another controler and it was in fact my controller that did this. weird because it does not act up in other games. But for some reason this game causes it. But used another controller and no problems.

nofxjmf
Highlighted

Mine did the same thing during a Zombie game (in middle of game) I finally after two days and setting everythin back to default. Changed the look inversion. How it changed all by itself is  a mystery to me but it did and like i said during a game and man i was doing good that game too. But all of a sudden when i l moved my gun would go to the sky or ground put it back to middle and move and up it would go. Sony did all they could to help me over and hr. of trying.  When Activision finally got to me they only said to clear the game data and that was the extent of there help.

kidchuckles

Studios