Theatre Mode Freezes-Complaint

Black Ops II Technical Support

Theatre Mode Freezes-Complaint

So this has been an issue since DAY 1!!!! several months have passed and I've seen this posted plenty of times yet it still not fixed just like the KAP40 is still WAY OP. Why is it that if i try to play a recent game it freezes my xbox? let me give you a complete run through so that you understand the issue because it seems very clear at this point that you guys dont test your game or play it yourselves or you would know about this and the other problems. I recently played a game and noticed I got a kill chaiin at the end along with my other medals. I dont know when or how I got it, but i wanted to find it and save it before I forget and get carried away. I go to CODTV>>My Channel>>Recent Games>>Select the game>>get the Pop-up "Do you want to go to Theater?" Select >>arrow up to select "Yes">>>>Game and Xbox Freezes>> either pull power out of back or hit on/off button on front. If the film isnt ready for me to play, then dont allow me to play it and freeze my xbox. It seems i always have to wait 5-10 min before I can play it. It doesnt matter if i have the game installed on the HDD or if it playing from disc. I have the most recent XBOX consol with the touch on/off feature. Overall I think you guys need to step down from producing COD games. This is a great series that infinity ward and Activision have put together. Although there are always bugs, your releases are known for having the most. I cant even convince my friends to play because of the poor hit detection and lag. I've herd that the engine that was supposed to drive this was not ready in time and it seems like you acted on your feet rather than thinking it over. This is massive game and users are expecting the quality and support the recieved when they originally started playing. It seems like someone up higher made this call and its not the engineers problem but a management problem. Someone who stares at numbers and doesnt check for quality, or deal with the technical faults they create by rushing out a game so they can hurry up and get to the Cashing in part. I thought you guys were going to provide good support and patch these issues. However it feels like you only actually fix 2-3 things, the rest are failed attempts, but you say you fixed it anyway because....Wait for it....You Don't fully know what the issue is or whats creating it, therefore you dont really know how to fix it. So you just cross your finger's and modify some code and report it as resolved, without testing it because honestly you dont understand how it was broken to begin with and you realize it's pointless. This is how we get so many new issues and why this very blatently one is still an issue. Please I beg you as a company to either Go buy an XBOX 360 and your own game and put it in a lobby so that your dev's can TEST their code before they release it. I'd also recommend someone enforcing this to eliminate laziness (DVR & Camera). Either step up your quality and management or stop producing them cause It's getting old. To put this in perspective, how would it feel if I had wrote this in outlook and CC: Infinity Ward, Activision. Then in the message listed off all the unresolved issues along with your patch notes showing what you "Fixed". Then followed that up with the poor company decisions that negated quality for a larger profit. Then finished it with an honest review with %'s of how well the game has done with its player base compared to Infinity ward and where it was several years ago.

Factionite
5 REPLIES

Re: Theatre Mode Freezes-Complaint

in reply to Factionite

Hello Factionite, thanks for taking the time to contact us today.

We do understand your frustrations - we are all gamers here, so we know the feeling when something doesn't work the way it is supposed to!

Good news on the KAP-40, the patch released on 5/23 reduced the gun's damage:

http://community.callofduty.com/message/413598236#413598236

We are able to use Theater mode normally on our consoles here - there are some troubleshooting steps we can try to help sort out what is going wrong. It sounds like you are running into issues connecting to theater and downloading match footage.

First of all, are you using a wireless connection? Can you run a speedtest.net and post the results?

You might try clearing your Xbox system cache as well:

http://support.activision.com/articles/en_US/FAQ/Clearing-the-Xbox-360-System-Cache-or-PlayStation-3...

Thanks! ^NM

Player Support

in reply to ATVIAssist

Not good news. If you would read between the lines you would understand that I'm saying after that release It's still WAY OP....... Really? Did you just skim over the post and reply right away, or do you struglle at reading? I'd bet that you didn't even bother to play a full length game and try to save it right away to test this. What a suprise that would be. I cleared the cache, no avail.

Factionite

in reply to Factionite

Hello again,

We'll forward up your feedback regarding the still-OP KAP-40, thanks!

We played a full game of hardcore Domination, and were able to use Theater with absolutely no issues. You certainly shouldn't be having any difficulty using it, can you please let us know the results of your speed test?

Thanks!

^LM

ATVIAssist

Player Support

in reply to ATVIAssist

Yes I have have a 60mbps down and 5 mbps up. This is a wired connection so that i can maintain the speed. My wired speed test from speedtest.net was 15ms//63.68Mbps//4.82Mbps.  The wireless speeds from this location are 15ms//49.45Mbps//4.79Mbps. My xbox and router are are both up against a wall that has a bathroom in between.   xbox --->|| (bathroom) || <---Router .

Factionite

in reply to Factionite

Thanks for the info, your reported speeds look good. To clarify - you are using a hard-wired connection? Or you have the option to use both wired and wireless? We do recommend using a wired connection to play games, wireless connections can cause problems with games recording correctly in Theater.

Thanks

^NM

Player Support

Studios