XBOX 360 Black Ops 2 Disc Unreadable

Black Ops II Technical Support

XBOX 360 Black Ops 2 Disc Unreadable

Ok, so I bought the game, and having problems with it.  The disc will only read 1 in about 40, to 45 attempts.  I have cleared my cache, I have deleted all updates, I have deleted the whole black ops II game folders, I have logegd out, then played the game, it worked, then logged in as my main, but then it started not working again.   I have tried multiple discs.  One of my xbox's works fine, but one doesn't (different user).  This really leads me to believe that it is a software or network issue. 

It seems hundreds are having the same problem as me. 

ALL OTHER GAMES, DVDS ARE WORKING FINE! 

Microsoft says it is an activision problem (see responses on above video).

Thank you

Level 1
62 REPLIES

Re: XBOX 360 Black Ops 2 Disc Unreadable

in reply to thebugbox

I agree. I have this same issue and it is very annoying.

Level 1

in reply to baucomjd1

go 2 settings storage then click on STORAGE then hit SYSTEM CATCH if that doesnt work then its Ur Disc Drive the eye Sensor can be full of Dust

Level 1

in reply to thebugbox

I am having this same exact problem. I am using an older white 360. Every other game I have reads fine. It worked the first day I bought the game then subsequently after has trouble loading and reading the disc. I went to Gamestop and exchanged it thinking it was a bad disc but the same problem is occuring now.

Level 1

in reply to evaluation_unit

Same. It worked fine the first time I went to play but when I couldnt play multiplayer I reset my lan connection (thinking it was my spotty internet service) now my disc is unreadable and causes crashes. Thought it was my x-box because its brand new and so I put in mw3 which worked fine. Its obviously the game. Now im anxiously awaiting the patch to fix this and trying to suppress my anger. If we dont get accomodations for our problems I am not going to be a happy camper. At least keep us updated for crying out loud. If there is one thing thats pissing me off the most is that im totally in the dark about a game I was very excited to play. Also I need a new nuketown promo code now my system wont accept it...

Level 1

in reply to thebugbox

im having same issue, came home with game, played and got online, i freeze at a loading screen to a map and then i have to restart my xbox and then the game says unreadable, swaped game thinking it was bad also but did nothing. called microsoft and they were no help, everything else works fine, my xbox is 2 years old and none of my other friends have this issue. i have the new slim ones and my brother has a older white one and it will work fine on his xbox. figure this issue out fast treyarch!!!!

Level 1

in reply to steverocks6

go 2 System then go 2 STORAGE then do a SYSTEM CATCH is that doesnt Help then its the Disc Drive its self it could be full of DUST the eye sensor can be Dirty same thing what Has Happened 2 me I cleaned it nd it worked fine after that nd I have the new xbox 360 with built in wifi

Level 1

in reply to thebugbox

Having exactly the same issue, I can get as far as the main menu selecting the campaign and while it loads the first mission it comes up with the disc unreadable error.

Level 1

in reply to Stahd2008

your lens is on its way out,

Level 1

in reply to submarinex1

Same here all I get is open tray. The games has never loaded on my launch Xbox. Or my backup Xbox. However it works fine on the slim. I noticed both of my older ones have Samsung disk drives.

Level 1

Studios