(Xbox 360) Multiplayer Freezing, Memory Errors

Black Ops II Technical Support

(Xbox 360) Multiplayer Freezing, Memory Errors

This started recently, after a 76mb patch, I think. I've never had any major problems with the disc, it's in almost new condition. The only thing that popped up was a weird Green texture glitch in campaign that was solved by restarting.

The problem is that every few multiplayer games, the game freezes completely. There is still sound or music. It's not a connectivity issue, because even though I can't access the Xbox Guide, I can still hear my party/ team perfectly. The only way to stop it is to eject (which brings me to the dashboard fine, however, when I close the tray, I get a "disc unreadable error" until I restart), or restart the console.

Now here's the weird part. It froze during a FFA match, and I got a friend request when it was frozen. The notification un-froze it to the Multiplayer menu, where I got this error message. Something like "Out of memory: Filename. D:\Content\XXXXXXXXX\t6" The XXXXXXXs changed the second time the game unfroze, later that day.

I tried installing the game to the HDD, but it failed at 53%. Said "Disc Unreadable." The thing is that this is only online multiplayer. I've never had it freeze in zombies (online) or anytime during local play. I even tried recreating the times it froze in a local match, nothing happened. And I've never had it freeze when I bring it to a friends house, on his Xbox 360.

This is really getting me depressed as I can no longer play multiplayer, due to the freezing which is putting me on wrongful probation (it sucks even more, because I can't play with my team with the new League play season). I'm going to be even more depressed if it forces me to buy another $60 copy of a game that for the most part works perfectly fine.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you for reading this.

EDIT: I also have cleared my system cache, as suggested on other topics, however no difference in freezing nor installing.

Level 1
2 REPLIES

Re: (Xbox 360) Multiplayer Freezing, Memory Errors

in reply to noob622

Any luck with fixing it? I'm having issues too.

Level 1

Re: (Xbox 360) Multiplayer Freezing, Memory Errors

in reply to bbopmcjiggy

It sounds like you're out of memory on the HD. A lot of people freak at the thought of deleting stuff from your HD because they don't want to lose DLC or games, etc.

Xbox Live has a record of all your multiplayer game progression, dlc, etc. DO NOT delete profiles; but anything else game related is no big deal. Clear up some space on your HD and see if that helps.

Also, discs can look fine, but they may not be. Buy a good cleaning kit and use that on your disc. Make sure the disc is dry before you put it back into the drive though.

"At the end of the match, there remains only ... nuttin 2 say."
Level 62

Studios