connection interruption

Black Ops II Technical Support

This is really pissing me off, every game or every second i get "connection interupted" then "lost connection with host" i have just upgraded me ISP i have

BigPond® Broadband 500GB Ultimate - Cable  plus a wifi booster as i am wireless

because of this i keep getting  a timed out probation , is this just me

Is this happening to anybody else ?

Is there any Fix?

is getting so bad im ready to go to X box

my up and down speed is down 11.2 and up 2.3

this has only started about 1 month ago and there have been no changes until the upgrade

Holden51
6 REPLIES 6

Have you tried switching up the wireless channel on your router? I had this issue myself when I moved into my new place and was still playing via wifi. If that doesn't fix it, the wifi on the router, or possibly the booster, may be faulty.

Bielsalmighty

Biels is correct- wireless connections are notoriously unstable and aren't really reliable for playing online.

Is this only happening to you on League play, or on other modes and playlists as well?

^LM

If you need more help, hit us up on Twitter: https://twitter.com/ATVIAssist or on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ActivisionAssist .

Player Support

When I used to be wireless, I tried a wifi booster and it made me lag way too much to be able to play.  The simple input delay of going through one more device was too much.  I stayed behind the action.  You'd be better off to run a CAT cable through your house and hardwire directly into your router.

phxs72

Yeah, I have one which I roll out across the living room floor when the little ones gone to bed Wifi produces for too many WTF moments. Doesn't render my game unplayable, but it deffo makes a difference.

OPs problem sounds identical to what I experienced. 99% sure changing the wireless channel will work. Let us know OP!

Bielsalmighty

Unfortunately %99.9 of all connection problems are due to players using wireless connections... if only more players would wire up, we would see a lot less lag across the board!

Thanks for the assistance guys!

^NM

Player Support

Aye. The only annoying thing is that BTs homehub tends to forget that my NAT should be 'Open' when I hardwire in so I have to reset it every time I wire in. No bad thing I suppose, nips any problems that may be lurking in the bud. Weird how it doesn't have that issue when I connect via wifi though. Hey-ho...

Bielsalmighty

Studios