Black Ops II Website Feedback / Suggestions

Number of Posts Per Page

When a thread is created and gains replies, the first page reaches above 40 posts.

At some point the thread is broken up into pages of only 10 posts...Why not simply start another page that can fit another 40+ posts?

I am on a mobile device if that makes a difference. I looked at my preferences but no option exists for # of posts per page.

My theory behind this is popular threads attract even more responses, chewing up bandwidth.

To help discourage more responses, the thread is broken up into multiple pages, also getting the website more clicks/views.

DontRushOnDefen
6 REPLIES

Re: Number of Posts Per Page

in reply to DontRushOnDefen

Can anybody explain why large threads are split into pages that hold 1/5 the posts each that fit on the original page?

DontRushOnDefen

Can somebody reply? There has to be someone with the answer on here.

DontRushOnDefen

I have no idea or I would have provided you an answer before. I don't think it's some conspiracy, probably just the way the forum software works. *shrug*. Your displeasure with how it currently operates is noted.

Claire JeepChick | Forum Moderator: Black Ops II
Questions/Concerns/Quibbles/Comments? Send me a PM

Moderator Moderator

Hopefully they update their software soon, keeping up with any thread after a page split is nearly impossible with the lack of organization currently applied... I, too, feel your pain...

ydajdimstr

in reply to ydajdimstr

Yeah I stop checking even it's my own thread.

DontRushOnDefen

OP Opened another thread for Community Discussion: http://community.callofduty.com/message/414454847#414454847

Locking for redundancy.

Moderator Moderator

Studios