Always Bad Connection and always lagging

Black Ops II Wii-U

My connection is good, I usually pull host.  And there's 3 xbox's in the house, and believe me I've tried them all.  I'm sure 99% of people don't have a problem.  But to assume there isn't a problem because you don't have one, is the same as me believing there is a problem for everyone because there is for me.  I can only assume there's some bizarre variable with that game that isn't present in any other I own.

It drove me so insane that I just stopped playing it in the end.  I just wished there were more people on the PC version, which does play great for me. 

whots_his_face

Have you tried configuring your search preferences? I used to get laggy games all the time until I noticed that setting in-game and I changed it so that I only join games with the best connection. After that, my ping never goes higher than 120 in most games & I'm a happy camper. Problem still exists with other users who have crappy connections and decide to quit leaving me by myself...

Big_Jaw

I have been having this problem for the last 2 months or so, except im not lagging, i just get disconnected all the time around round 20-30. All sudden i get disconnected from host and most times logged out of psn.

No problem with multi or other games BO works fine. and im almost always playing with east coaster from Canada like myself.

I set up a static IP because i heard that would help but it didn't affect shite. Never have my laptop on while playing or any devices connected.

The only thing that changed was we got a wireless router from our ISP but i still wire in my PS3

My DL speed is 5.0

My UL speed is 500-600 kbps

internet service is Bell Aliant

C_Dogg_

@ c dogg

I've had that happen loads in the last 2 months, since apocalypse came out.

I put my ps3 in a dmz, and its worked epically since. It got so bad if I left my ps3 on paused on a game of solo for 2 or 3 mins it would sign out. But like I said, dmz worked great.

@op if you don't have higher than 5 mb broadband, I really wouldn't have more than one device at a time.

thecalmquail

Thanks for the input thecalmquail, i thoght i killed this thread with my shite internet lol jk.

Since replying to this i forwarded ports for BO2 and have seen improvement in my connection while slaying zombies, only 1 lost connection since as opposed to almost every game of origins.

Im reluctant to DMZ my ps3 because i stream a lot of movies on it, although i hear it will boost connection a bit it isnt worth the added risk of intrusion for me.

If I end up having more difficulties, i will consider doing it, but again, port forwarding seems to have fixed the issue.

Anyone else having connection troubles should definitely look into static IP and port forwarding.

C_Dogg_

Know how and do it right is a different thing.

Telnet is your best bet.

For the record i live in NZ, on a god damn island FFS! I should have the worst connection and i do, yet i can host local games that last 10+hrs.

boybad3

Studios