Did the buried EE last night...

Black Ops II Wii-U

So I ended up getting the buried maxis EE done last night. I have to say it was the best EE in bo2 by FAR. Sharpshooter took close to an hour, besides that we cruised through the rest (the wisp part took a few short tries) Anyway, one guy in our group didn't have the die rise EE done for maxis so the EE extension was not available but in all honestly is it even worth one game to ruin all my progress? Tranzit EE was sh*t , Die rise was right behind it at stinky,I did however enjoy buried EE. But I would not really like to do Tzit or DR again, my question is do we as a community really believe that what our choices for sides throughout  amount to anything besides a one game "story"? How will treyarch bring the two different endings together? Maxis is the announcer for one ending with Richtofen being a zombie and in the other Richtofen is taking over Samuel and apparently maxis is banished. What is everyone's opinions on how this thing will end up? And what about the endgame choice? Will it matter if your progress has been erased? Surely is a head scratcher to me. My opinion is we only have one available option for the new dlc, we play as the o4 and possibly go back in time to change events that has led to the events of moon on, OR we play as 04 and pick up at end of moon and make our way to agartha as maxiis indicated same was.

The story is at a strange but interesting place right now. IMO.

Zombiefaces
15 REPLIES 15

I agree.  Just posted a rather long winded rant about it.  Not to impressed and have alot of questions.  As usual I will wait for DLC 4, but I am not expecting a whole lot.  I hope I am wrong and they bring everything together, but I really have no clue.

You have the same opinion I do.  Tranzit and Die Rise EE's I have NO motivation to go back and do.  Let alone thinking about wanting to do it multiple times...  For ONE game?

Theunholyicon

It's very exciting that they progressed the story finally, I just cannot believe the difference in each side. Was talking to DBZ last night and he had a good idea that maybe we get two different maps for dlc 4 and you play it based on the side you chose. Which is. GREAT idea, I just don't believe we are the lucky #1, and also what happens to the people who don't even do the ees? What would they play? I read your other post and I agree completely. There were a lot of us with that "wait and see" attitude. but every single time a map comes out and the EE is finished it feels like they are butchering a story that had SO much potential. Again, maybe they will blow out minds with dlc 4 and I hope that's the case. From the EEs, to navcards, to motd, to the extension it just feels like not even they know where they want to go with it. And it sucks because the story and choosing sides could have been epic. Strange turn of events.

Zombiefaces

Yup.  Just thinking about Black Ops 1.  Shangri La was the hardest Easter egg and had to be done multiple times to get the Easter Egg.  Alot of people have not done the Shang EE, but have, and would do Moon again.

I would rather have something HARD to do, rather than just tedious time consuming work, with not much reward.

The 'two maps' theory crossed my mind tonight, I just don't think we will be that fortunate.  With Maxis' side I could see something concerning Agartha, but with Richtofens side, where would that leave us?

I'm not sure we will be seeing this crew again until BO3, if there is one and if they decide to continue with this.  We might play as the O4, I just don't see where or how this all fits into place just yet. 

Or we play as N4, jus trying to stop either Richtofen, or Maxis, depending which side we have done.  I'm not to sure, and I am excited, just not as excited as I was/have been. 

Theunholyicon

Sorry about my sloppy writing on my phone while doing a million other things.

Zombiefaces

It seems to me that the 2 ending could both exist... Maxis takes control and banishes Richtofen, but Richtofen is able to escape into Samuels body.

Megadog14

I feel that we could be letdown that way somehow.  I would feel quite ripped off if no matter what we chose to do the outcome/scenarios would be the same.

I feel as if they can only do so much... Hence why MOTD had so many windows that couldn't be boarded up, and how some parts/steps are almost identical for the Easter eggs where you do both sides.

I don't really know what to feel right now...  It's becoming less anticipation, and more aggravation.

Theunholyicon

Good job last night man. The squad was patient and played as a team. I would play zombies with you guys anytime. It was also nice talking to deathbringer.

Between target shooting and the wisp, we were alll getting a bit frustrated, but no one ever called it quits.

Anytime any of you guys want to play some zombies and I'm on, send me an invite. It is always nice playing with solid players.

pokerace221

Definitely, you and your buddy were real good, true zombie players. And the random we got was real good too. Anytime you see me on send me an invite. It did get a bit frustrating getting stuck on sharpshooter when we all felt we had it nailed but it made the reward that much sweeter.

Zombiefaces

I'm hoping that the Ending trigger on buried is just a way for Treyarch to give as some story now and a mini reward since if we didn't get those now, we would still be pissed. The way you have to put the time in just to unlock a button makes me think that the button can be saved for another time. Like perhaps they will add it to Tranzit and Die Rise so we can have the rewards on those maps, But I'm hoping the last map will have a button of some sort that triggers the first steps of the EE.

An awesome way to include MotDs storyline would be if for the last map we were the original 4, but we were dead, so we would start the game with red eyed zombie and if we never did the EE, then there would be a short EE on the map. But if we had done the EEs but never pressed the button, we could save it for the last map and find a way to activate it, turning the zombies eyes the color of the side we picked, and putting Rich or Maxis in charge. Since we are dead and probably in the Aether or Agartha, we could somehow complete a big EE to replace whoever is now in charge with Sam.

The reason I think it could be something like this is because Sam's lullaby has been hidden on at least the last 2 maps hinting she is coming back, and its a way to complete the storyline with 1 final ending the next game can start from. And both endings now end with whoever is in charge is now evil on both sides and they are in Agartha or the Aether. The only problem with this theory though is that while Rich says he now controls the Aether, he is physically in Stu so it seems like the new crew is most likely involved in some way in the last DLC.

Cheesegrater281

Studios