Is Richtofen Good? Maxis Evil

Black Ops II Wii-U

Re: Is Richtofen Good? Maxis Evil

in reply to DeathBringer-Zen

DeathBringer-Zen wrote:

Also, the nazis asked for weaponry. That's what they needed at the time.

The DG-2 was considered too dangerous for mass production, as the user of it would become exposed to high radiation.

Stopping production of a dangerous weapon that can harm the user....

Sounds like a good guy move to me.

theatriks

in reply to theatriks

True, but it was not just Maxis opinion, it was a group decision, and they were looking to secure funding.

Not all the group became heavily exposed till AFTER funding was secured, and the Group split up and given designated posts.

The story is not exactly water tight anyway, so there WILL be areas that even enthusiasts like myself will not be able to explain properly, but the general thought, is that the group all became exposed to the element at different areas.

Richtofen & Maxis at Der Riese, Yuri and Gersch at the Soviet Cosmodrome, Shuster and Groph on Moon.

They all became insane, and all turned on one and other. No one really tried to see reason, and this is why I think it is down to the exposure.

This was then somewhat confirmed is the rather lame TV messages on Tranzit and Die Rise, about the paranoia, and ultimately, global contamination of the virus.

DeathBringer-Zen

in reply to Zombiefaces

"Then why in that radio was he worried about Maxis stealing his idea?"

Why did Richtofen show Maxis the teleported if he was worried it was going to be stolen?

Because he didn't know at that time. After Maxis denied his work, he got paranoid, thinking that Maxis was deceiving him, and that Maxis wanted to steal the technology and perfect it himself. Wait, let me bring up the audio reels....

Edward Richtofen: "Log entry 38. Date: December 4, 1939. The matter transferrance prototype is prepared for test run number 151. We have now reduced our test subject's mass to prove that this is possible. Dr. Schuster, please give an overview."

Dr. Schuster: "Yes, Dr. Richtofen. We have the new test subject, a walnut, weighing in at 10 grams. The target platform is now at three feet with no obstructions. We have one microgram of the element which, according to our calculations, will be entirely used up during tests."

Edward Richtofen: "Excellent, Dr. Schuster. Commence test number 151."

Dr. Schuster: "Yes, Doctor, er, please insert your earplugs."

(Buzzing, whizzing, clanging, and propelling are heard)

Dr. Schuster: "Good God! We've done it! We have powered up the prototype, and it moved a walnut directly from the prototype device into the receiving device. It moved instantly. It... it...."

Edward Richtofen: "...teleported..Get me Dr. Maxis immediately!

*Static*

Ludwig Maxis: "But this is not the crucial experiment that you were supposed to be working on..."

Edward Richtofen: "With all due respect, Doctor Maxis, this is a breakthrough of unimaginable proportions."

Ludwig Maxis: (Sarcastically) "What? That you moved a walnut a few feet? Yes, Edward, we will improve the human condition by revolutionizing the walnut industry. I can see it now: 'Edward's Walnut Delivery.'"

Edward Richtofen: "Don't be obtuse."

Ludwig Maxis: (Angrily) "How DARE you call me that! We are at war, Edward! (slightly calmer) I will admit that there is promise here, but until this war is won..."

Edward Richtofen: "Correct me if I'm wrong, Doctor Maxis, but Group 935 is a research organization. What was the motto? 'To improve the human condition.' What business of ours is this war?"

Ludwig Maxis: (In a defeated voice) "Fine, Doctor Richtofen, I will let you in on a little administrative secret: we are finalizing a deal with the Nazi party. We need funding, we need equipment, they need new weapons. Chances are this war will end soon with a treaty or two and we will be in a much better position to help the world."

Edward Richtofen: "Are you certain this won't cause massive defections? We have scientists from all over the world working with us."

Ludwig Maxis: "That is why it is with the utmost confidence that I share this with YOU. No one will know of this. This is simply the breaking of an egg to make an omelet."

Edward Richtofen: "Think of the tactical advantage we will have..."

Ludwig Maxis: "Think of the cost, think of the time! We can provide the Nazis tactical expertise in various areas without putting all our eggs in your (angrily) walnut basket. Good day, Edward, and get back to your real work."

*Feet hitting the ground and a door slamming can be heard*

Edward Richtofen: "What a jerk. I think Doctor Maxis has lost his perspective. No matter... we will do this on our own and publish the findings before he has a chance to..."

Dr. Schuster: "You're not suggesting that Dr. Maxis would steal this technology and perfect it without us, are you?"

Edward Richtofen: "I would by no means discourage that thought. Great scientists must stick together and achieve great science."

Shredder2468

in reply to Zombiefaces

Richtofen's main gripe with Maxis was that he did not want to produce the DG-2, as he found it to be too dangerous to manufacture in mass numbers, and then became even more frustrated when Maxis refused to take serious, the notion of the teleporters sending the 'missing' test subjects through time, rather than space.

Mind though... this was all events that took place AFTER they had been exposed to Element 115. Maxis and Richtofen worked extremely closely with the 115, and this is partially what convinced Maxis to even expose Samantha to it.

DeathBringer-Zen

in reply to DeathBringer-Zen

You got me there, no "good guy" would expose his daughter to something that dangerous. Your right, the both started to get edgy after the initial experiments.

Richtofen is stil the badder (lol) guy. Smiley Happy

Zombiefaces

in reply to Zombiefaces

Well didn't Maxis want to keep Samantha safe at all time bough? That's why he had her in the base right? He was afraid of losing her after her mother died?

Shredder2468

in reply to Shredder2468

Of course, that's why I had originally supported the idea that maxis was the good guy. He obviously only suggested the idea of Samantha coming into contact with the 115 after he had exposure, therefore making him somewhat insane.

But ya, your last post helps my argument that maxis is the "good guy" also wingnutz uses a word in his post that in no way applies to Richtofen and certainly is aligned with being a good guy.

Compassion.

Zombiefaces

in reply to Zombiefaces

Let's think about this in a perspective where everything related to zombies and teleportation never existed. Where Richtofen was Maxis's assistant, and both were good in their own world.

Who do you think was less evil at that point? Where there was almost no evil at all? (Aside from Nazis being Nazis.).

Shredder2468

in reply to Shredder2468

Well IMO they both were not evil. Maxis was the head of a large group of scientists that needed funding during a war. He accepted an offer to make weapon for money. That's not evil that's a business decision that any CEO would make in order to keep furthering their dream. (Well most anyway)

At that point I still feel like Richtofen was slimy and sneaky. Maxis is just a boss who is forced to make boss decisions.

(Thank you for pointing out the whole "besides a nazi" part. Made my reply much shorter!)

Zombiefaces

in reply to Zombiefaces

(Your welcome)

Agreed. Especially considering how Richtofen is pretty short tempered. And like you said, compassion, one of Maxis's good qualities, wins me over.

Shredder2468

Studios