Just Watched the Origins Cutscene for the first time. . . . . Wow

Black Ops II Wii-U

Re: Just Watched the Origins Cutscene for the firs...

in reply to DeathBringer-Zen

yeah, I agree with you mostly, however I would definitely put Motd at a higher level, visually. I really like that map. I think its very well designed. yeah, Mob of the dead is probably my favorite map in BO2.

Tsarthos

what platform do you play on? because I use a PS3 and I have played Five on

black ops 1, and then played Tranzit directly after, and I can definitely see a huge difference. Even the zombie AI looks clunky in five, after playing Tranzit.

Tsarthos

in reply to Tsarthos

The zombies seem a bit smoother, but if you look at, say, the box on Tranzit and then the box on Bo1 theres next to no difference.

Megadog14

in reply to Tsarthos

I play on XBOX and PC. Tranzit is not a good looking map by any means, and a lot of models and textures used on that map are direct rips from Black Ops 1.

Moon, CotD and Shangri La all stand toe to toe with Tranzit Die Rise and Buried quiet easily in my opinion. Kino, Five and Ascension are a bit more basic looking but still hold their own.

There really was not a major upgrade in visuals as both games used the same engine (IW 3.0 Engine) instead of using the IW 4.0 Engine that was used for MW3.

So technically, they are just extensions of BO1 as opposed to a whole new game. It's like Left 4 Dead, and Left 4 Dead 2... both are technically the same game because they were made on the exact same engine (Source).

DeathBringer-Zen

IMO Shangri La is the best looking zombies map. On the bridge you can look off into the distance for what looks like miles.

Megadog14

in reply to Megadog14

And then we wind up with Tranzit, where you cant see 3 feet in front of you lol...

Megadog14

in reply to Megadog14

I think the Tranzit setting and theme made perfect sense. Maybe not the Denizens, but the map was perfect looking for the aftermath of Moon.

Problem with Tranzit is that for a map of it's size, there is next to nothing to do in it. All the buildables are pointless. The Turbine is only used for opening things, and the Turret and Electric Trap are so terrible, no one even builds them anymore never mind uses them. Jetgun is not even worth mentioning. Shield is the only thing I see getting used now and again, and even that is rare.

So, when all tasks are removed, we have the biggest map in zombies to date, with what... 6 wall weapons on it!? 4 more if you include Bowie, Galvaknuckles, Claymores and Semtex. Also, 6 perks on it... 5 if playing solo.

It was a tragic waste by Treyarch. Going from a map like Moon, that had an immense Easter Egg and featured 8 perks and lot's of activity throughout, to Tranzit.

DeathBringer-Zen

Personally, I like Tranzit for the most part. Ironically what I like most about it is also what I dislike most about it. The mist. I love the tone it sets for the map. It gives you an eerie feeling, and makes you think there's more going on and more to discover. However, I have to agree that it is not fun sprinting endlessly through it. Words cannot express how many late nights I've gone to bed with my thumb throbbing.

That is really my only complaint for Tranzit though, Its too big, and the mist running is not fun. Other than that, I really like it. I love that they have hidden areas too, like the Nacht Der Toten area, and the Shack. the Pack-a-punch bunker is pretty cool too.

My favorite map in BO2 though, is definitely Motd. Love that map, and I like that they added Grief mode for it too. Why they didn't add a grief mode for every map, I'll never know.

Tsarthos

in reply to Tsarthos

Still though... for the size it was, it was basically empty. You mentioned Nacht. Would have been nice if there was a point in going to it though... like a wall weapon or perk machine. It was pointless for nothing more than nostalgia.

I was bitterly disappointed when I eventually saw it for what it was. Technically it is a good map. Great fun traversing through it, but it severely lacked in content. It needed more perks, wall weapons and a very decent wonder weapon.

As many have said in the past... so much potential.

DeathBringer-Zen

Yes, on that I fully agree with you. I loved discovering Nacht for the first time, but when you realize theres nothing there to do, it makes it less meaningful. There really was a lot of potential for that map wasted. I mean I could probably think up 6 different places in Tranzit right now where they could have added something simple, yet it would make it so much more fun.

The alternate bus route theory, for example. Slip in the Navcard and it takes you the correct route. that would have been really cool! but do they do it? NO. what a waste. really they could have added tons of little rooms or areas to discover throughout the mist, but they give us next to nothing. It was definitely disappointing when I fully discovered the map, to realize that there wasn't nearly as much to it as I had thought.

Tsarthos

Studios