Quick Question about Element 115

Black Ops II Wii-U

Alright, so, some of you know element 115 is the element that created zombies, wonderwaffes, teleporters, time travel, and is basically the whole reason zombies is the way it is. So, in real life, element 115 is Ununpentium which was discovered in 2004 which it lead to the discovery of element 113 which actually is a good energy source. World at War, on the other hand, started zombies and all that, was created in 2008. So, when the campaign team made zombies, they didn't have any idea about making a story or anything, but when the zombies team was made, element 115 was born, but why? Why element 115? Element 115 is the heaviest member of Group 15 on the periodic table, I'm not sure but I believe it is the heaviest element on the periodic table, not sure, and it has almost no uses at this point because we have not made enough atoms of it to actually observe it (which is seriously beyond me, only 50, really?) Now, I have a couple theories, element 115 is actually really strong and can generate a "space time compression" it was also given to the US government to create an anti-matter reactor, which, some of the ununpentium, actually disapeared and is missing after the experiment, of course, after that the rest was sent to Groom Lake (Area 51) and no discoveries have been shared with the public really since, that much is actually true, but because they discovered something with the "anti-matter reactor", now, many video games use element 115 to power their alien spacecraft or in this case, make zombies, but why? Just because SOMETHING happened to it that Quantum Physics can't explain doesn't necessarily mean it traveled through time and made another dimension that is exactly the same as the one in our favorite zombie killing game! (Although that would be pretty cool to think about, knowing somewhere another dimension is having the exact same situation as our game, theoritcally, it could exist, because each decision we make, changes EVERYTHING, so maybe, the right decisions and events could cause that to happen, considering there is an infinite amount of dimensions)

So, may I ask why do you think they chose Element 115?

PutThatCatDown
48 REPLIES 48

They chose it because Element 114 was soooooo 5 centuries ago. They wanted to get hip and with it.

Froggmann6

It's not like hey went and analyzed the number and picked 115 for a reason.

They just plucked it out of their assess and used he periodic table and said "alright, this element, element 115, is going to be the basis of our storyline.".

115 is also my new favorite number.

Shredder2468

Maybe, but knowing treyarch, they do a lot of research. i mean, who else knew about the tower of bable besides them? TranZit IS a tower of bable, everywhere you look, there is some reference about something.

PutThatCatDown

yup the unknown element Ununpetium is the zombie creator all right.

MultiColt

Minds of Treyarch mate.

@PutTheCatDown Plus, it's safe to assume that zombies is it's own fictional universe with fiction elements. Nothing in it is actualy real, so element 115 exists as a seperate element from our 115.

Shredder2468

hmmm 4 dimensional elements...interesting.

MultiColt

Simply because it is unknown. If they used gold, everyone would be like, Pshhhh hold can't do that. So why not pick the newest, most mysterious element there is?

McZomBsauce

I just find it ironic because a lot of games use element 115 and in real life it can do things physics can't explain.

PutThatCatDown
Actually element 115 is not used for almost anything at all in the real world, the only real use for it is to create Nihonium or element 113. The half life of the most stable isotope of 115 or Moscovium so far is 220 milliseconds. This makes it extremely difficult to actually use 115 for much of anything at all.
ViperVenomHD

Studios