S T O R Y L I N E . R E S E T ? !

Black Ops II Wii-U

Origins takes place in an alternate reality.. It isn't part of the original storyline..

GoalieOfUnholy1

fffeee I have to disagree with you on the new crew die in buried. I have two things that would say otherwise to them dieing. One in Richtofens easter egg he is show the begining of samuel to be his new body. And two there dead on round infinity really? Well of course they are there not immortal, in reality how can there be a round infinity on earth? But to my point don't you think its odd that you see your own dead body, how is this possible because the time bobm used in the normal way sends you bacck but you do not run in to your past selves. As such are these dead body really the new crew. Another thing to consider is if it is the new crew then by using the time bomb and skiping forward then by going to the future there body remain in the past and to what ever point they skip to they will see them weather alive or not. The reason I say this is the time bomb does not seem work like a time machine. If it did then paradoxes would be created and there woud be copys of the new crew.  how ever there is not copys so if going to the future you see copies is that not odd. I say this because even in the future the atmosphere seems like you are playing as a spirit. Let me know what you think. 

kudo_shinichi_11

I am 99% positive that the new crew dies in die rise.. Richtofen clearly says: ''welcome to your future'' when the time bomb is equipped and you go to round infinity. Black ops 2 zombies have been a huge disappointment overall for me, and I'm going to be really pissed if it's going to end here, as it propably will. Sure you can leave a few questions unanswered, but seriously? They keep changing the story all the fucken time..What about dr. Gersch, Dr.schuster, the tes subject before Dempsey, hell, the zombies shouldn't be around in 1917, all I can think of is that Maxis travelled back in time with a thousand men and began digging for element 115. zombie outbreak in the middle of the war, the survivors that stopped the outbreak there tell about their experiences after the war, but they are considered crazy. War ends, the Germans and Americans start their tests with the element. Maxis and Richtofen invent the wunderwaffe, start their experiments with time and space travelling, and end up creating zombies, or ''super soldiers'', as Maxis thought. Boom. Outbreak. Then Richtofen killing Ludvig and Samantha. But did this all really take 20 years? what else happened at that time?

BopsProJect

This is true, the point of round infinity is to get the switch that the Green Run crew already technically have, but originally died before getting the chance to use it.

Using the time bomb allows them to rip space/time and lets them retrieve the switch from their bodies, knowing that when they finish, they will die eventually in Buried and earlier versions of themselves will come pick up the switch after they die via a time bomb and return back to their time...

Who will die eventually and earlier versions of themselves will come pick up the switch after they die and return to their time...

And THEY will die eventually and earlier versions of themselves will come pick up the switch after they die and return to their time...

All the while, they are always the same version of themselves.

Point is, they never leave Buried. They die, but in a way they will continue living the same underground battle over and over.

Brexican94

Ok what you are saying is a pardox, If they have the switch why remain in buried to search for it? Going from how the time bomb works there are no duplicates of characters so how could they get the switch from themselves. And going from the end of both easter eggs on buried there is no reason why they would remain and die there. They fought around the world, maxis does promis the end of the world but I don't think on rictofens side buried would be the last place for them. The switch is a paradox and I would not say there dead.

kudo_shinichi_11

True, it is a paradox.

Which is why I said they die in a way, but they technically live on.

Also Richtofen does say he tampers with the time bomb effect so to take them to the future and not the past, which is why round infinity works differently than using a standard time bomb.

And as with everything else related to zombies storyline, there are loose ends.

They could be dead, or they could be warping to find them in an alternate universe/timeframe where they never finish the EE, but they get the switch and then when they return to their time and finish the EE, they actually leave Buried and don't die.

I just like the loop I posted before better in my own opinion, but there are no real right answers here.

Unless Treyarch actually releases all the facts and tells us how everything ever has worked in Zombies...

Like THAT will ever happen...

Brexican94

All the maps are paradoxes that take place in a time loop.. Hence the same thing happening over and over, Round 1, Round 2, it just gets harder.. If you play Der Riese you'd know there's a clock and it just repeats the same 3 seconds over and over.. Hinting that they are stuck in a time loop..

GoalieOfUnholy1

I've played zombies since I beat the WAW campaign on it's release day in 2008 and it was just a small bonus gamemode

The Der Riese clock is stuck at 1:15, its a play on element 115, that's it.

No offense but it seems you're just pulling assumptions from thin air.

And in all respects if in Origins they say "The clock on Der Riese was to symbolize they've always been stuck in a paradolical time loop", by all means, play the "I told you so" card

Brexican94

You said all that to say what?

AmbeRose

shall i summarize my lengthy post for you? will shortening it to three sentences be enough for you to comprehend my debate?

i_am_legend

Studios