Am I less of a player using what I use?

Black Ops II Xbox 360

Am I less of a player using what I use?

I consider my self a better than good player.. YEAH I SAID IT!

But with that being said, I wanted to know what you guys thought about that statement knowing I use silencer and ghost.

BEFORE YOU GUYS START, IN MOST CASES I CAN ACHIEVE THE SAME RESULTS RUNNING AROUND WITHOUT SILENCER AND GHOST BUT THE REASON FOR ME USING WHAT I USE IS BECAUSE I JUST DON'T LIKE TO SHOW UP ON THE MAP.

For those who wonder what better than good means, well in domination I manage to get weekly spm's of 400+ (top 100) and I get just 100+ game a day and I almost always end up with the highest score / kills / captures in the game.

When it comes to tdm I consider myself alright, because with a spm of 600+ (top 500) knowingly my friends get 750+ I can't really really act tuff about that.

When it comes to ffa, I use the most stupid combinations trying to end 2nd but it never works.. not ending 1st place isn't happening too much but my spm sucks cos I'm just playing around.

*** With all of this being said, I only play domination and tdm with silencer and ghost. I know and I also think by playing stealth that people are not aware of my present therefore the chance of slaughtering people is higher than running at them without silencer. But then again, how many ghost players you know that still don't end up with very high kills!

Sooo.. am I less of a player using what I use or is it it what it is and am I allowed to?

TryHard187
29 REPLIES

Re: Am I less of a player using what I use?

in reply to TryHard187

ghost is slighlty OP, i personly dont consider that a problem. same with silancer. my questions would be aroudn stuff like do you use famas, motion senser, ect.   i will say ghost needs a nerf from teh BO version =/.

T-boss

in reply to T-boss

I don't use Famas, yes I used it a lot and yes even from time to time when I want to switch it up I use the Famas but I'm more AK47, Galil and Commando.

I'm more with the claymore but hell yeah I camp my ass of in Jungle in their spawn with a motion sensor, hell yeah I camp my ass of in the middel building in WMD with a motion sensor.

But when I'm not acting lazy I'm just run'n'gun with strapped with a claymore.

TryHard187

in reply to TryHard187

To me you just sound like a D-Bag coming here to try and look good. Fail

WARzH311ion

in reply to WARzH311ion

Not at all, I live a comfortable enough life to understand bragging rights won't get me anywhere here. It's not that girls will ask for my number and all that after dropping stats here.

I ask this because sometimes when playing against these top 500 players a lot of them text me that I only did what I did because of using ghost and silencer. In many rematches when they decide to stay NOT ALWAYS but a lot of times I prove them wrong by using hardline and no silencer.

But those people are just very good players "and they know what they're talking about".

I just wanted to know from people here what they thought, and admitting to using ghost on a forum that hates ghost would be a stupid attemp to look good!

TryHard187

in reply to TryHard187

I think the issue arises with ghost is when EVERYONE uses it. It creates a mild stale mate in the match. I have seen more flak jacket users in BO recently and man, those are very affective against campers if you know how to leverage it's strengths.

ZvErS

in reply to TryHard187

You could just happen to be the greatest thing since sliced bread with those kinds of SPM's but if I am to put out a wild guess, I'd have to say that more likely you have a lag advantage if those SPM's while objective playing are an average of all of your gameplay and not just the highlights.  It's a wild guess.  I know some really beastly players in CoD but I've never seen anybody maintain that high of a SPM.  Could just be that I'm not running in a high enough circle of friends and if so I tip my hat to you sir.  That's an impressive record.  I see nothing wrong with using whatever is in the game.

phxs72

in reply to phxs72

Nah, I know those games where I do have advantage.. it's not happening a lot.

A 400+ spm is kinda hard to maintain but not really.

150 for a flag, 50 for a kill. A lot of times I take the home flag, and then I start killing and a lot of time I get a blackbird before I even died.

150 + 7 kills x 50 = 150 + 350 = 500 points.

Then comes the chopper and dogs, and a normal game for me is doing this twice and a good game is doing this 3 times.

By capturing from time to time like 3 times and adding around 60 kills = 450 + 3000 = 3450 score per match. A match is like 8 minutes if not less. 3450 / 8 = 431,25 spm

I just do this to make people understand that it's not that big of a deal to get these scores, and this has nothing to do with bragging but just breaking things down.

This game is 2 years old, for those who have been playing since COD4 have like how many years of experience???

But the reason for opening this topic is that I do encounter a lot of top 500 players and if ever they text me it's always to say THAT I DON'T DESERVE WHAT I DID BECAUSE OF ME USING GHOST AND SILENCE.

I know that nobody is my boss and I don't feel the need to be accepted by "the elite players" but it's still something I would like to know from other people how they are thinking about this.

TryHard187

in reply to TryHard187

Play how you want, as long as it is within the rules.

"Being Human totally sucks most of the time.

Videogames are the only thing that make life bearable."

-Anorak's Almanac, Chapter 91, Verses 1-2
Activision Ambassador

in reply to NiceDrewishFela

Oh, oh, he just gets a pass, like milton burrows (bonus points if you got the ref)

That5What5Up

Studios