Assault rifles 10 shots to kill?

Black Ops II Xbox 360

Assault rifles 10 shots to kill?

Even with the best connection and the best assault rifle it still takes ten or more shots to kill someone. I find this annoying because the subs are extremely OP. Dot get me wrong I love using the subs an don't think that people who use them are exploiting the game but when someone using a sub can pick me off from 50+ feet when I'm using an assault rifle and hitting every shot. That just seems backwards anyway let me know what you think.

freeshoter
18 REPLIES

Re: Assault rifles 10 shots to kill?

in reply to freeshoter

Yes. The Type 25, M8A1, and the M27 are in need of a buff.

ctkpwner

in reply to freeshoter

Not sure what game your playing. The weakest AR in the game, kills in 5 shots, at long range.

mdub

It takes three bursts, at most, to kill someone with an M8 at medium range. That's 12 bullets. What.

ctkpwner

in reply to ctkpwner

ctkpwner wrote:

It takes three bursts, at most, to kill someone with an M8 at medium range. That's 12 bullets. What.

The weakest AR, at long range, is the Type 25. It does 22 damage. Thats 5 hits.

mdub

Assuming you've actually tested this in a custom game...it's different in game with people actually moving with different connections..and the game I'm playing is Black Ops II so were in the same page here..and regardless if actual damage calculations the subs are OP while us assault rifles users are at a disadvantage at close range and long distances this makes the game difficult to enjoy, Thank you for your thoughts.

freeshoter

in reply to freeshoter

freeshoter wrote:

Assuming you've actually tested this in a custom game...it's different in game with people actually moving with different connections..and the game I'm playing is Black Ops II so were in the same page here..and regardless if actual damage calculations the subs are OP while us assault rifles users are at a disadvantage at close range and long distances this makes the game difficult to enjoy, Thank you for your thoughts.

Every SMG does 18 damage at long range = 6 hits to kill.

Why in the world should ARs not be at a disadvantage at short range? Just curious.

mdub

Their disadvantage is the slower fire rate.

mp7headshot

The SMG's rate of fire WITHOUT rapid fire is already about double that of an AR. So a guy with a SMG shoots 6 bullets to an AR's 3 in the same time. Add rapid fire to the mix, and VOILA a SMG that kills in .5 seconds against a gun that has gotten of 2 rounds.

propipe

I believe your statistics are accurate, yet game play does not show this...so if you have a reason please explain, seeing as how you are the only one who disagrees here.

freeshoter

Studios