Discussion: Do you fear Prestige Masters?

Black Ops II Xbox 360

Re: Discussion: Do you fear Prestige Masters?

in reply to vims2011

A prestige master, in the eyes of the common, is someone who has a higher overall experience level in the game in regards to the unlocked CaC customizations, enhanced map knowledge, and good friends/clan mates.  With this in mind, the presence of a prestige master often intimidates random players to the point where they feel uncomfortable and back out of the lobby.

It's sad how people lack confidence to remain in the match, but we have no say in regards to how they can play their own game.  As a result, some prestige masters end up resetting their stats in order keep the intimidation factor at bay.

As for myself, I will never reset my stats.  I'm a prestige master.  Live in fear!!  

~RUGGED SAVIOR

RuggedSavior

in reply to vims2011

I don't fear them. Just means they've played enough to reach that level. And in this game, that really isn't much time at all.

Since I am a prestige master, I would never reset my stats due to reactions from other players. My rank is just all about me, for me. If that makes any sense.

The only thing about being a prestige master I don't enjoy, is other players thinking I'm good, then having an average game like usual, then hearing players talk junk because I'm not a beast. But thats their skewed view on the prestige master. Oh well.

BKBLAZER

in reply to vims2011

I am Master prestige for a while and horrible at the game.  24/7 nuke town dbl xp weekends I would get at least one prestige.  You can rack up a bunch of points with just tacticals.

ChiliDog304

in reply to vims2011

Not a chance in hell would I ever fear them. They are no better than anyone else really. Anyone can get there if they play the game enough.

They are not better or more skilled at all compared to other players really.

trialstardragon Level 70

in reply to vims2011

The first person to reach Prestige Master did so in less than two weeks! Compare that to Halo Reach' Inheritor rank. That took over half a year. Seeing an inheritor in Reach was rare and impressive and a sign that you were about to have your ass kicked. In this game, it's nothing special, there's literally a prestige master in every game. In Reach I wouldn't leave because I was good enough to compete with them, and in BlOps I don't leave because it's an almost meaningless title.

Anemoneman

in reply to Anemoneman

Seeing an inheritor in Reach meant nothing more then a master prestige does in this game. Anyone could reach that rank if they played Reach enough, the same as master prestige in this game,

trialstardragon Level 70

in reply to vims2011

No as it has no reflection on player skill - neither do stats

i love pipping them to the post in games and making them rage or even quit out before the game even returns to the lobby

gdexter

in reply to vims2011

I agree Vims

When I join a mates game that is level 10 all the other team starts to flip because of that logo

Ive thought about resetting because of stats and ragers

But same as you I don't want to lose my diamond weapons and achievements since I have played over 15 days

and I don't want to throw all that away.

Not sure what to do here.

- Napalm

Napalm3agle

in reply to vims2011

No need to fear PM as it is game time and not skill. Unless that is they are fully prestiged in under 4 days with a 600 spm then maybe chances are spankings will be handed out.

TheDonCartagena

in reply to vims2011

It is bizarre how people pay so much attention to rank.

Just the other day I was in a lobby where just by chance one team had 5 master prestiges on their team and ours had 1 at most. Some guy on our team said something like "ah man, they have 5 master prestige players, they are definitely going to win".

I however had checked the lobby stats prior to the match and I knew that our team was a hell of a lot better than theirs to the extent that we pretty much had the win in the bag before the match even started. We then won easily as I expected.

Prestige is a general indication of experience. But the longer the game is out the more general that indication becomes. I often think the really low levels might be a lot better than expected because there is a good chance they are people making new accounts/resetting stats.

GP95RT

Studios