Discussion: Do you fear Prestige Masters?

Black Ops II Xbox 360

Re: Discussion: Do you fear Prestige Masters?

in reply to Izjar11

I understand. Work is killing my BO2 game time.

Dr_QuiCKScOP3r

in reply to vims2011

same happens to me a lot. i have 550+spm in most game modes and people leave constantly

jon3sy9

in reply to vims2011

being a presitge master doesnt mean that they are good it just means they have played alot ive seen prestige masters who are terrible in this game take me for example im a prestige master but id class myself as a average player

banned-again

in reply to vims2011

I have reached Prestige Master twice and reset twice.  I am an above average player with a mix of good and bad games.  I don't think at this point the the games history you can judge a player by their rank- so no, I do not fear any prestige master emblem.  If anything, I fear lobbies full of a clan, I may fear a lobby where the top players are over 5000 in pts from the previous game. Fear is the wrong word but I do realize that I am likely looking a tough lobby and/or strong players

NorcalBob

in reply to vims2011

When the game had only been out for 3 months or so I would fear Prestige Masters but at this point, anyone could have Prestige Master with enough game time and double XP weekends.  Even I have reached Prestige Master and have all diamond camos but if  someone is backing out of lobbies because of me all I can do is laugh.

riksterinto

in reply to riksterinto

riksterinto wrote:

When the game had only been out for 3 months or so I would fear Prestige Masters but at this point, anyone could have Prestige Master with enough game time and double XP weekends.  Even I have reached Prestige Master and have all diamond camos but if  someone is backing out of lobbies because of me all I can do is laugh.

this whole discussion goes back to when Prestige first came to CoD. I remember talking about it in CoD 4. I have never reached the final prestige in ANY cod game. I just really dont like having to set up classes. I COULD have been a prestige master back in January if I truly wanted it But even without it players still back out regularly. In my opinion PM are nothing to fear. Does this mean take them Lightly? not really but at the same time, the overwhelming majority of the people who play this game are not particularly awesome. A PM warrants the same amount of caution that anyone else does.

This topic also reminds me of the kids who get angry at getting owned so they say one of 2 things "I just prestiged so I dont have any guns" or "Whats the matter? to afraid to prestige?" Its amusing when people act like that. If it fires bullets it can be used as well as any weapon in the game. You just need to adapt to that weapon.

deamonomic

in reply to deamonomic

I have never prestiged on any COD besides B02.  I like the fact that in B)2 you get to keep weapon attachments and camos through each prestige unlike previous CODs where you would have to do it all over again.  The extra CAC slots are nice as well and once you have unlocked 5 of your favourite perks/guns, entering prestige isn't all that scary.  It's nice having everything unlocked and now I mostly mess around with crazy and interesting classes.  I have one "tryhard" Class set as well but it's more fun to play when you aren't obsessed with winning and rather working on challenges or getting as many buzzkill medals as possible.  I have yet to get the cross map tomahawk for the humiliation master,,,,I just have bad luck with that thing and long distance throws

riksterinto

in reply to vims2011

Prestige means nothing to me, like others have said I've seen masters that are horrible, and second prestige guys who crush players, so stats or prestige mean nothing to me.

I prefer to play against the best players, I would rather lose to someone better them me, versus stomping some beginners. If I find a lobby of good players I try and stay with that lobby as long as possible and the opposite of beginner lobbies, playing against beginner players really does nothing for me. #truestory

zingaa

in reply to zingaa

zingaa wrote:

Prestige means nothing to me, like others have said I've seen masters that are horrible, and second prestige guys who crush players, so stats or prestige mean nothing to me.

I prefer to play against the best players, I would rather lose to someone better them me, versus stomping some beginners. If I find a lobby of good players I try and stay with that lobby as long as possible and the opposite of beginner lobbies, playing against beginner players really does nothing for me. #truestory

amen. I honestly never thought it would happen but eventually stomping the other team gets old. My friends will back out if they see a team with good stats in the lobby. I wont, I will do my evil grin >Smiley Very Happy. Finding players that put up a fight (without your team having to suck in order for them to do well) is actually fairly rare in CoD. I notice more often then not that when we DO lose its because a couple of team members are 0-30 rather then the opposing team being decent.

deamonomic

in reply to vims2011

Alone it never seems to bug anyone.

If I play in a squad of all PMs, people seem to leave our lobbies.

It is pretty ironic, too... as some of my PM friends are really not that great at the game.

"Being Human totally sucks most of the time.

Videogames are the only thing that make life bearable."

-Anorak's Almanac, Chapter 91, Verses 1-2
NiceDrewishFela Level 75

Studios