How suppressors affect SMG damage

Black Ops II Xbox 360

Hey everyone, I thought this was really interesting so i'm sharing it with all of you.

I did a quick video on how suppressors actually affect the damage SMG's do, if you're interested feel free to watch it.

Let me know what you think!

Angrynarwhal
11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted

They seem to decrease my damage, but increase the damage of people shooting at me.

superbob

The damage is only different at medium range, close and long range are not affected.

Angrynarwhal

They reduce range and increase recoil.

Making it harder to hit with your weapon, and causing you to need more hits to kill at various ranges, faster -- take longer to get a kill.

ADW1983

Increase recoil? That's an odd thing to do, what with it decreasing bullet velocity.

RoeParcRanger

The gases from the explosion in the chamber is trapped between the bullet and the casing.

IF the bullet is artificially slowed down inside the chamber, the gas does not only escape into the suppressor, but also causes the recoil mechanism to blow back more intensely because of the lowered bullet velocity not allowing the explosion to exit the barrel.

Suppressed weapon in real life will have increased rate of fire and recoil, with worse range.

Some people prefer to employ heavier rounds when using suppressors to acchieve the same stopping power as with regular rounds, further increasing recoil.

Increased recoil and lower range is actually pretty darn authentic.

ADW1983

We are talking about a game here though, I tested the actually bullet damage not recoil and it was ONLY affected at medium range.

Angrynarwhal

A game needs some basis off real life.

Why would you even test a supressor? Its common knowledge it lowers a weapons range, which means that the weapons damage starts to drop at a shorter range, it's different for each weapon.

Scorr

Yes, it lowers a weapons range. But I discovered that it ONLY lowers medium range damage by 1 shot, and does NOT affect long range at all.

Personally I found it interesting.

Angrynarwhal

Actually in real life a suppressor decreases wepon recoil. The gasses as they reach the end of the barrel are redirected back towards the shooter and therefore push the rifle forward. They have a muzzle break as their starting point which anyone who shoots large magnum rifles knows reduce recoil. A suppressor should really not effect range or damage at all because you are not reducing the muzzle velocity. You will not hear the actual gas explsion but the sound of the bullet breaking the sound barrier. It is non directional but still quite a crack. You also will not see the flash so it is hard to tell where the shooter is. However if you are close enough within 25 yds or so you can tell where the shot came from by the sound. This has been my experianc fireing many suppresed weapons and some silenced weapons.

nflfenatic

Studios