Kill Confirmed - Improved in Black Ops 2

Black Ops II Xbox 360

Highlighted

By now, most of you would know that Kill Confirmed is coming back to Black Ops 2 and in my opinion is going to play much better in BO2 than in MW3 via the scorestreak system.

Kill Confirmed was once one of my favourite game modes in MW3 but it had a noticeable flaw which turned me away from the game mode.

The flaw was that you were still awarded a pointstreak even if you or a teammate didn't collect the tag.

Don't get me wrong, there are tactics involving whether you should collect the dogtag but I had an issue with players obviously ignoring the dog tag right in front of them so they could play "Extended TDM" or get their MOABs.

In Black Ops 2 using the scorestreak system, this is how the score scoring system works:

• Killed enemy - 50 points
  • Pick up enemy tag – 100 points
  • Teammate picking up enemy tag – 25 points
  • Denying an enemy a tag – 25 points

This change is huge, as it all contributes to the players “score streak” and pushes players to play the objective. If you're ignoring all the dog tags, you won't get to your scorestreak reward as fast as the player who is playing the objective. 

Let me know what you think about Black Ops 2 new and improved “Kill Confirmed” game mode.

vims2011
27 REPLIES 27

Its deffo alot better with the new points streak but there will still be some noob just camping in a corner not getting any tags.

Bladeybluebird

Now now, just because I choose to play a certain way doesnt mean im a noob.  Its not like im cheating or anything.

That5What5Up

Playing outside of the spirit of the game is right up there with cheating and exploiting.

"Being Human totally sucks most of the time.

Videogames are the only thing that make life bearable."

-Anorak's Almanac, Chapter 91, Verses 1-2
NiceDrewishFela Level 75

No its not.  You get banned and rightly so for cheating and hacking.  Camping isnt anywhere near that.  Maybe camping is MY spirit of the game along with my party, and we'll never be banned for playing a certain way, so dont go there.

Equating a playstyle you dont like with players who actually deserve bans is absurd and shows a warped view of how you want people to play your way or not at all.

That5What5Up

Why choose to play in a game mode only to not play the game mode.Thats the issue, if you dont want to play the game mode then TDM should be the only option available to the "Sorry but i dont do the objectives" type players.

nzoldschool

That "why" question's an easy one for KD-oriented players.

Also, if TDM is the only option for those kinds of players, I dont see how you could "separate" those kinds of players out.  I mean, how could you?  The only way I see is to make KD only applicable to TDM matches.  But then youll be alienating the rest of the players who like to have a kd too, forcing them to have to play TDM, which some may hate.  Thus, no easy solution. 

I just wondered how nicedrew thinks not moving around in the open is as bad as, say, noclips or weapon hacks or turbo controllers.  I'm a camper, but not a corner-camper.  Those guys are the ones who'll suffer in BO2; I prefer claymoring/motion sensing in a building and just upping my KD camping dom flags.  Sorry if you dont think that's in the "spirit of the game", but to me thats subjective.

That5What5Up

You cant seperate them nor fix it till players realize that there k/d means jack nor does it equate to being a good player unless you can back it up in all situations and gamemodes...But yeah your right its no where near as bad as cheating...

nzoldschool

I do agree with you, you aren't cheating or hacking. It's a legitimate playstyle.

Personally, I don't have a problem with players like yourself.

I don't see any issue whatsoever if you camp/defend the dom flags. There's nothing wrong nor are you not playing the objective. If you're getting bonus defend scorestreak points towards your scorestreak rewards, you're playing the objective.

I myself rush & cap flags because I find it enjoyable but that's just me in how I want to make the most out of a video game.

However when it comes to slayers being completely away from the objective whether it's not defending a dom point or ignoring every dog tag in Kill Confirmed, that is where I have had an issue in previous COD titles & which I why I applaud Treyarch on how they're approaching this scorestreak system.

A player who does not collect dog tags in KC is going to have a rough time getting to those high scorestreak rewards compared to a player who can do both. I believe someone who went to Treyarch HQ to play BO2 tweeted that out.

Links are here:

https://twitter.com/z0mgItsHutch/status/251338500950093824

https://twitter.com/z0mgItsHutch/status/251373490911989760

https://twitter.com/z0mgItsHutch/status/251380816033218560

It's going to be interesting observing how pure slayers will adapt to the new scorestreak system. How many flags will they cap or how many dog tags they are going to collect in BO2

vims2011

Exactly.  Suck to be those players who arent intelligent enough to figure out how to camp for the highest streaks in BO2; streaks help you get more kills, but it only helps your kd if you can consistently earn them.  My group is already planning strategies to earn the most defends; we didnt have to in past games, but it won't be a problem if we camp smart.  Plus there'll be even more rushers thanks to their system; maybe I'll see you prone at a B flag...

That5What5Up

Studios