League play, the worst kind.

Black Ops II Xbox 360

So I figured hey what the hell i'll join some solo league play and see what happens. Me and 3 randoms vs the Pac clan from argentina by the looks of it. All with huge dong pics btw.  So were playing I get a cap , and another . Then they somehow start coming back. Oh wait a teammate dashboards because his K/D sucks. Awesome lets keep playing. Half time comes up were 2-2 and having a pretty good match for what it was. Ill just skip over the second half because is was 4 Pac members vs ME .. Score ended up being 11-2 obviously but i went 20-13 and all the other team was negative even though winning is the whole point.

So what is my point ? Dashboarding in league play.... seriously ? How can someone actually get a real score or a real placing when the whole god damn team dashboards because they are the ones who are terrible? You'd think if you are actually bad you'd stay in the game and possibly learn something? Maybe you know the rest of your teammates would appreciate the fact that you stayed and kept it fair and even the whole time ?

Dont tell me "oh play with a team or its your own fault" cuz thats just bs . If you dashboard or leave league play matches mid game you should be removed from the season entirely. You know if you dashboard in a pub game sure whatever youre just failing yourself in a match that has no meaning what so ever. But in a league play match where people are actually playing to win and you dashboard because your score sucks is just a waste of time except for the other team i guess. I could go on for days about how scrubby half the cod population is when it comes to leaving mid match but ill leave it at that.

Anything ever going to get done about this or is league play for the few that have teams?

yukmout
20 REPLIES 20

Then they somehow start coming back

They do not "somehow" start coming back, they actually come back by playing smart and communicating with each other.

Oh wait a teammate dashboards because his K/D sucks. Awesome lets keep playing. Half time comes up were 2-2 and having a pretty good match for what it was. Ill just skip over the second half because is was 4 Pac members vs ME .. Score ended up being 11-2 obviously but i went 20-13 and all the other team was negative even though winning is the whole point.

Thats terrible, the one thing I do not like about League is quitters, they are the worse in this particular area.

So what is my point ? Dashboarding in league play.... seriously ? How can someone actually get a real score or a real placing when the whole god damn team dashboards because they are the ones who are terrible? You'd think if you are actually bad you'd stay in the game and possibly learn something? Maybe you know the rest of your teammates would appreciate the fact that you stayed and kept it fair and even the whole time ?

Nope, quitters will be quitters no matter the game mode the version, the gun the outcome. Quitters are a huge plague in this game. Its funny they create probation, which seems to insight more quitting. Weird how that works.

Anything ever going to get done about this or is league play for the few that have teams?

many others ask this same question, what more can be done?

I say if someone quits persistently in league erase their league games back to 0 wins. If they continue quitting or leaving games they then should be banned from playing league for a week or more.

"We do not rise to the level of our expectations. We fall to the level
of our training"
Izjar11 Level 75

When i said they started coming back some how it was because my first teammate left.

But yeah they need to implement a penalty and not care what these entitled "i paid for the game i do what i want type" because its not true at all.

Ill go back to one of my favourite games for online rules and lay out some knowledge. In Soul Caliber V it states and I quote - 

"People intentionally leaving ranked matches for their own gain could result in a suspension OR ban from online play"

Its what this game need for combat the immature trolling people that play this game to waste other peoples time and have fun somehow doing it. Plain and simple .

yukmout

I think the whole league play entirely missed its point.

If you are placed in a league, then should you not be teamed up exclusively against players of that same league?Why are people in bronze matched with people in platinum? There's absolutely no point in the league system when the divisions are not kept separate.

Apparently the game needs to fill up the lobbies so that's why it does that. I'd say fix that. Not every game needs to be full as long as the sides are balanced.

Also, I oppose the 'joining games in progress' part of multiplayer. I got dropped into two games today, right after each other, where my team was being shut out immensely. Nobody, good or bad, would want to join. And you will hardly get dropped into a winning game, because you don't leave when you're winning.
Thus all the system does is throw you in the middle of a losing match.

Anemoneman

I find that its nice when you just come into bronze or iron whatever it is and you get matched with a gold or platinum team because it shows you what you really need to do to get there.

Instead of host migration and keeping the same teams, they should auto balance teams while host migration is happening so its not the inevitable 6v2. Of course this would only be public matches and well if the other team is a 6 man team then you're outta luck but its better than whats happening now.  Then you wouldnt get the blow-outs that commonly occur due to dashboarders or ppl that leave the game based on k/d and rage.

yukmout

I could not agree more! You can learn a lot from better players but they do tend to get into one team this way. This game will let you leave after the lobby has been established but before the game starts, which I find helpful, though the game starts too quickly. In Reach for example, you can see in 1 second who you're up against. I've had games where I got into a lobby with one team of inheritors (like master prestige, only way, way more work) and randoms on my side. You know you can't win, you know it won't be fun (certainly when you care about K/D - I did in that game), but there's nothing you can do about it. Here you can leave, but you can't quickly scan the lobby. There's just so many logos and prestige icons and people can choose not to prestige (right?). On top of that, it takes several seconds after the lobby is established to load everyone's level/league (when you click on them).

Anemoneman

Apparently the game needs to fill up the lobbies so that's why it does that. I'd say fix that. Not every game needs to be full as long as the sides are balanced.

Im not following what your saying here! League needs more people to play it. Its simple.

Could you clarify what you were trying to say, because it sounds as if you stating teams should be lopsided to suit whos ranked.

Also, I oppose the 'joining games in progress' part of multiplayer. I got dropped into two games today, right after each other, where my team was being shut out immensely. Nobody, good or bad, would want to join. And you will hardly get dropped into a winning game, because you don't leave when you're winning.

this is not part of league.

Thus all the system does is throw you in the middle of a losing match.

Well, when you analyze the reasons its does this its usually because of players quitting core matches (as mentioned above this is not a league issue).

of our training"
Izjar11 Level 75

What I mean in the league is that when you create e.g. a bronze league, make sure that the players in the category play against others in the same category.
If there are not enough people to do this, then just make a lobby with an even amount of players (2v2, 3v3 etc.).

The mid-game joining is more of a public match problem then, I guess. Thanks for pointing that out, I got 'em mixed up..

Anemoneman

Anemoneman wrote:

What I mean in the league is that when you create e.g. a bronze league, make sure that the players in the category play against others in the same category.
If there are not enough people to do this, then just make a lobby with an even amount of players (2v2, 3v3 etc.).

The mid-game joining is more of a public match problem then, I guess. Thanks for pointing that out, I got 'em mixed up..

That is a good idea the 2v2 or 3v3 when they are of the same rank. I don't know to me the one thing about League is they failed to make more playable. For example:

1- they should add more incentives to playing and winning (new more prestigious emblems / calling cards or emblem awards)

2- They should make a mercenary ) no teams and then a all team based system

3- Provide a more detailed specific elite service for playing in league.

League has allot of potential, they just didn't put enough effort into it.

of our training"
Izjar11 Level 75

well, one incentive is the XP, I think it earns a lot more than regular playlists.

Anemoneman

Studios