League play, the worst kind.

Black Ops II Xbox 360

Actually it is true. they paid for the game they dont have to play be the rules you decide they should play by. You do not get to decide how someone else should play, nor does anyone else but the developers.

The devs wont set harsh rules in fear it will upset too many players. upset players mean loss future sales, and that is all they really care about.

So they will use simple punishments to try and discourage it; but simple punishments get ingored by habitual quitters/dahsboarders for it means nothing to them.

trialstardragon Level 70

yukmout wrote:

"People intentionally leaving ranked matches for their own gain could result in a suspension OR ban from online play"

They do that in this game too.

Its called probation.

But they wont permanently ban a player in Soul Caliber or this game.

starbuckfrack Level 72

LP is for the few that have teams. even though it has a solo rank which is stupid. LP is really about team against team play. So play solo and get what you get. People are not going to stay and be fair just because you think they should. they owe you nothing at all.

there is nothing they can really do that will ever stop it. And season bans or perm bans from LP would make it worse not better for the playerbase would just continue to shrink as more players were banned unitl there was so few that matchmaking would not work at all.

500 players all spread acros the world of various ranks'/divisions. so not going to get a good game at that point. players will rage at the slightest moment of bad play.. then there will be 300 left.. rince and repeat.. soon the season is left with maybe 100 players not ever able to find a matcha anymore.

trialstardragon Level 70

The fix is simple...remove the option to leave match during the actual game.

We're already not allowed to leave during a locked in lobby, why can we leave during the match?

You can still quit out of the game by going to system menu, so its not like chronic rage quitters can "complain" that they're being forced to play something they don't want despite "paying" for it.

ObeySwag420

So how are they going to stop people from shutting off the Xbox or pulling the plug ?

starbuckfrack Level 72

ObeySwag420 wrote:

The fix is simple...remove the option to leave match during the actual game.

We're already not allowed to leave during a locked in lobby, why can we leave during the match?

You can still quit out of the game by going to system menu, so its not like chronic rage quitters can "complain" that they're being forced to play something they don't want despite "paying" for it.

Its League play. They shouldnt have a say in whether or not they get to leave. Sure they can dip out whenever they want. I think it should take away their rank. their very reason for playing LP.

deamonomic

Rank is not the very reason that some players play it. I use LP as a quick level up when I prestige. I dont care about my rank or diivsion. So removing my rank if I decided I needed or wanted to leave a match for what ever reason, would mean nothing to me and people like me.

Harsher punishments will not stop it or slow it down no matter what anyone wants to try and think. In fact it will make it worse because people will get that much more po'd when a match starts to go bad and teammates dont help enough to their satisfaction.

I playe LP last week, it was a CTF match.. had one player the entire match, whine and rant because we were not playing how he wanted, not using the weapons or perks he wanted us to use. And right before it ended and we lost, he proceeded to call everyone trash and garbage.

'

trialstardragon Level 70

trialstardragon wrote:

Rank is not the very reason that some players play it. I use LP as a quick level up when I prestige. I dont care about my rank or diivsion. So removing my rank if I decided I needed or wanted to leave a match for what ever reason, would mean nothing to me and people like me.

Harsher punishments will not stop it or slow it down no matter what anyone wants to try and think. In fact it will make it worse because people will get that much more po'd when a match starts to go bad and teammates dont help enough to their satisfaction.

I playe LP last week, it was a CTF match.. had one player the entire match, whine and rant because we were not playing how he wanted, not using the weapons or perks he wanted us to use. And right before it ended and we lost, he proceeded to call everyone trash and garbage.

'

The overwhelming majority of players Play for rank. But you honestly shouldn't be playing League in the first place. League is about competing. If your not there to compete then you don't belong.

Harsher punishment WILL have an effect. Like I said, just because it wont stop you, does not mean it wont stop anyone. Far to many players leave a game to avoid a challenge. If you leave repeatedly you have no right to a rank.

Most people play Public games to level up after prestiging. Otherwise we would see a crapton more people in league.

Making it so that they lose their rank (and by rank I mean division) will make many more then just a few rethink dashing. If they cant handle playing and losing. DONT PLAY.

deamonomic

There are SOOOOO many ways to get out of a league play game already, without getting probation

1) Join a friend from the dashboard

2) in locked lobby make your clan tag a banned word and it will kick you out

3) Win or finish 7 games in a row and every 8th game you are free to dashboard without getting probation (you still lose points though)

Since treyarch never fix this game the players have found ways around it. Its called adapting to shitty matchmaking putting a bunch of bad players against a team in the first place.

ImTheCaTaLysT-

ImTheCaTaLysT- wrote:

There are SOOOOO many ways to get out of a league play game already, without getting probation

1) Join a friend from the dashboard

2) in locked lobby make your clan tag a banned word and it will kick you out

3) Win or finish 7 games in a row and every 8th game you are free to dashboard without getting probation (you still lose points though)

Since treyarch never fix this game the players have found ways around it. Its called adapting to shitty matchmaking putting a bunch of bad players against a team in the first place.

And get banned from Xbox live. Yeah that will help.

starbuckfrack Level 72

Studios