Shock Charge/ Bouncing Betty are OP

Black Ops II Xbox 360

Ok, my friend and i both have this problem, we always go after campers, sometimes for kills, sometimes for trolls .  But with this game, every camper has his shock charges set up like claymores, and a betty right on top of them, completly incapacitating you and making it so you cant drop to avoid the betty.  The idea behind the shock charge was good, you can toss it around a corner like a flashbang and move in to finish the kill, but instead they are used as claymores! It makes it impossible to kill any camper when they have 3 traps set up, and the only counter is the combo of engineer and black hat (btw black hats are fun to hack enemy equipment with). But i always like to use the special grenade slot for wildcards, and my 3rd perk for awareness or dead silence.  ANYWAY, shock charges are OP and Betties are 10x stronger than the MW3 version, which was fine power wise. Trearch, PATCH THESE THINGS AND DEMOTE CAMPING

thephillieflyer
30 REPLIES 30

thephillieflyer wrote:

Ok, my friend and i both have this problem, we always go after campers, sometimes for kills, sometimes for trolls .  But with this game, every camper has his shock charges set up like claymores, and a betty right on top of them, completly incapacitating you and making it so you cant drop to avoid the betty.  The idea behind the shock charge was good, you can toss it around a corner like a flashbang and move in to finish the kill, but instead they are used as claymores! It makes it impossible to kill any camper when they have 3 traps set up, and the only counter is the combo of engineer and black hat (btw black hats are fun to hack enemy equipment with). But i always like to use the special grenade slot for wildcards, and my 3rd perk for awareness or dead silence.  ANYWAY, shock charges are OP and Betties are 10x stronger than the MW3 version, which was fine power wise. Trearch, PATCH THESE THINGS AND DEMOTE CAMPING

Engineer is in the game for a reason. Your embarrassing yourself.

mdub

Enginner or Tac mask will do the trick.  The sound perks are pretty worthless at the moment and dexterity is easy to live without (just dont sprint blindly everywhere).

Engineer solves all problems, tac mask will make the shock charge meaningless so you can easily prone through the betty.

If normal betties are giving you trouble, then you need to practice dealing with them.  They have a very distinctive sound, and if you are used to it, you can prone in time easily.

cwatz

yeah, i use engineer and can hear the betties just fine (turtle beach). The problem is them put together and I am not using a perk slot just for tac mask in the case of a shock charge, campers using these combined are the equivalent of one man army and noob tubes, deadly, OP as fuck, and over used. Shock charges need to be an explosive grenade or nerfed

thephillieflyer

If you have engineer then I dont see the problem honestly.

At the very least you shouldn't be dying to it.  I could see some concern about destroying equipment and them getting warned of your position, but beyond that I dont really see the problem.

cwatz

well i dont use engineer all the time, and crap my last comment came up a lot

thephillieflyer

yeah, i use engineer and can hear the betties just fine (turtle beach). The problem is them put together and I am not using a perk slot just for tac mask in the case of a shock charge, campers using these combined are the equivalent of one man army and noob tubes, deadly, OP as fuck, and over used. Shock charges need to be an explosive grenade or nerfed

thephillieflyer

thephillieflyer

thephillieflyer

Engineer...problem solved.

Here's a tip...hack the betties and shock charges with the black hat.  They become yours and you get sweet XP.

MMS scope reveals campers.  Enjoy.

eccap

Studios