When you are host for your party........

Black Ops II Xbox 360

Something i have noticed for a while but really havnt seen a discussion about it. When you are host of a party, the host cant chat with members of  his or her party while the host is searching for a game. Why is this? Not sure i remember this in bo1 or any other title.  And can this be changed?  I know that people r going to say just go in to party chat, but imo the party chat tends to  interfere with game sound vs regular chat.

xAgent4twentyx
9 REPLIES 9

The party system in this game has been a serious point of contention.. this happens to myself and friends quite often.

"Being Human totally sucks most of the time.

Videogames are the only thing that make life bearable."

-Anorak's Almanac, Chapter 91, Verses 1-2
NiceDrewishFela Level 75

Is this something worth their time to look into changing or fixing? Minor annoyence but seems so easliy to change. Or am i not understanding something and its actually difficult.

xAgent4twentyx

It has never been an issue before this game. MW3, for all its flaws, actually did a good job in this regard and we rarely had party issues, that I can recall at least. I remember it was pretty easy to get a party and keep it together, even hand off host if the host had to leave.

I am not sure what the failing here was with BO2, but I hope Ghosts learns from these issues and improves upon them.

At this point, I wouldn't expect anything to be done about it.

NiceDrewishFela Level 75

It is the same way in Black ops 1 as well. If you are in party chat then it is not a issue.

codchamp1

Codchamp Party chat not an issue for you, but it is for me. As i stated above and why.

xAgent4twentyx

What he is stating is that if you are in XBOX LIVE PARTY Chat, the in game party chat is not an issue. Which is true, but then you can't hear the game chat.

NiceDrewishFela Level 75

Yes xbox live party chat works fine while searching. The in game chat is broken while searching.

codchamp1

It's not an issue on the PS3 but then again we don't have party chat.  We just have lobby chat.

phxs72

xagent4twentyx wrote:

Something i have noticed for a while but really havnt seen a discussion about it. When you are host of a party, the host cant chat with members of  his or her party while the host is searching for a game. Why is this? Not sure i remember this in bo1 or any other title.  And can this be changed?  I know that people r going to say just go in to party chat, but imo the party chat tends to  interfere with game sound vs regular chat.

I remember this from MW2. the hosting system there was terrible. But in this game its limited to not being able to talk outside party chat. Which honestly, if they could spare the time, I would like to see it fixed, but its not a priority. I just miss 1-3 minutes of mindless chit chat if it takes that long. Usually get my own lil lobby that never gets anyone, fairly fast. After the party problems from MW2 Ill take BO 2's without complaint

deamonomic

Studios