Balance Vs Realism

Black Ops forum

Normally, I would say balance, but knowing the juggernaut CoD has become I'd say realism is becoming more important. I'll explain:

High schoolers. I'm in high school, and I'll tell you that I am the only one with a brain there. You see, most of these kids play CoD only, and get all their gun knowledge from CoD. And when they seriously talk about using Akimbo Sawed of Barrel Shotguns with Buckshot, or using a Barret 50 cal and "quock-scoping" Nazis "like BOOM BOOM BOOM" if they were in WWII, you know there is a problem. People do't realize how deadly things like the kickback from these guns would be. Also, they don't realize Heartbeat Sensors and Thermal SIGHTS (yes I know there is thermal vision on guns, but not sights) aren't real. Nor do they understand that the M16 is fully automatic, and they called me stupid for suggesting it was because if it was "it wouldn't be burst in CoD."

What I'm not asking for is realism like jamming, I'm asking to keep things accurate. Don't let people run around with Dual shotguns, don't include non-real attatchments, and for the love of God, give snipers huge ass recoil from the hip.
Galaxy010
Realism wins everytime IMO

I used to play CoD4 on PC and they had an awesome realism mod that someone made, there was rappel and friendly claymores would trip and kill anyone that walked past them even if it was your own claymore, the game was very balanced also every weapon was used for the purpose it had, no one was running around with a sniper trying to 360 people because you would be instantly killed, so it made the game very balanced
time4payback

Galaxy010 wrote:

Normally, I would say balance, but knowing the juggernaut CoD has become I'd say realism is becoming more important. I'll explain:

High schoolers. I'm in high school, and I'll tell you that I am the only one with a brain there. You see, most of these kids play CoD only, and get all their gun knowledge from CoD. And when they seriously talk about using Akimbo Sawed of Barrel Shotguns with Buckshot, or using a Barret 50 cal and "quock-scoping" Nazis "like BOOM BOOM BOOM" if they were in WWII, you know there is a problem. People do't realize how deadly things like the kickback from these guns would be. Also, they don't realize Heartbeat Sensors and Thermal SIGHTS (yes I know there is thermal vision on guns, but not sights) aren't real. Nor do they understand that the M16 is fully automatic, and they called me stupid for suggesting it was because if it was "it wouldn't be burst in CoD."

What I'm not asking for is realism like jamming, I'm asking to keep things accurate. Don't let people run around with Dual shotguns, don't include non-real attatchments, and for the love of God, give snipers huge ass recoil from the hip.

wow, douche. M16 DOES only fire 3 round burst. you are a hippocrite, and YOU clearly don't know anything about guns. FLIR scopes are very much in use today, so thermal SIGHTS do exist. non-real attachments? the ONLY non real attachment in mw2 is the hearbeat detector. thats IT. stop pretending like you know about guns, bro.
Sw33TWater
I would like it to be fairly realistic in single player but more of balanced in multi player but hopefully not terrible like MW2
Blame7uP
IF someone trys to make a realistic game, it should be something like this:

You get shot, lets say two times, you die and have to start the whole game from the beginning cos your character is dead. So it wouldnt work.

I've played CoD games since Finest Hour, and i've loved every CoD game since (except CoD3. It wasnt great but it didnt suck either.)

CoD isnt the most realistic franchise ever, and it never supposed to be (i think ) CoD is a fun and balanced game series and theyve all been, except MW2 IMO. I hope they make BO balanced and fun to play and AWESOME! and it seems like its going to be. Treyarch has done amazing job with this game this far atleast.

Im on balances side If you want realism go play Operation Flashpoint.

Still two months 8<
jum4la

Sw33TWater wrote:

Galaxy010 wrote:

wow, douche. M16 DOES only fire 3 round burst. you are a hippocrite, and YOU clearly don't know anything about guns. FLIR scopes are very much in use today, so thermal SIGHTS do exist. non-real attachments? the ONLY non real attachment in mw2 is the hearbeat detector. thats IT. stop pretending like you know about guns, bro.

no hes right. the M16A2 in real life is fully automatic, it is also single round fire,3 round burst and 5 round burst
lubufreak
this is a hard on i think i lean on more of realism beacuse i mean id like to see some skill involed in sniping like have to adjust due to range and cant be runing and quick scoping but also for fair ness has to have some balance beacuse everyone would just use guns like m16 full auto if it was full auto cuz it have a bigger cal. no one would wanna use a smg if it had no chance but i dont want the balnce to go so over bord that guns like the (UMP) in mw2 becomes so OP that it ruins the game just was a smoth balnces between >real and blance<
wildtailhunter
This shouldn't even be a question for a multiplayer game....
I_TAIGRRR_I

Galaxy010 wrote:

bro, the M16 does have a burst fire rate in real life and there is a such thing as thermal scope. Do your research before posting
ACEUZI
gameplay>realism

real guns, equipment, body armour and human biology are not designed to be balanced. if the army could make a rapid fire insta kill limitless ammo perfectly accurate assault rifle, they would. but do you want that in your game?
lucaf

Studios